• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stealing or not?

Is it still wrong if the law isn't strictly enforced?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 84.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No such thing as free tacos.

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters
If an LEO tells you, "By the letter of the law, you can't steal anything. But as long as you don't shoplift anything worth more than $100 dollars, I'm not going to arrest or cite you."

1. Is it still stealing?
2. Do you partake?

Yes, it's about hunting....

I'll take $200 for "What is stealing" please

If you know the corn is on the same property you are hunting the Turkeys on then it is wrong all the way around.

I live where I hunt. So if I throw my chickens some corn and then go hunting some turkey, that is "wrong all the way around"??? How about calling a stupid regulation what is - a stupid regulation. Either allow baiting or do not allow it, but do not split it down the middle of the state and allow if for some animals.

I can understand the resistance to baiting deer. First off, that's a great way to encourage CWD, and promote it's spread. Secondly, hunting over bait is simply ambushing, not hunting.

If you need bait to "hunt" turkeys, you're a poor excuse for a hunter. For ****s sake, call em in.

I can understand the resistance to baiting deer. First off, that's a great way to encourage CWD, and promote it's spread. Secondly, hunting over bait is simply ambushing, not hunting.

If you need bait to "hunt" turkeys, you're a poor excuse for a hunter. For ****s sake, call em in.

I agree 100 %

I see what your saying, But... let me ask this if the corn is spread and not piled is it any different than a feeding area with good acorn production the deer are still eating behind each other. Again, isn't sitting over acorns, persimmons, food plots an ambush spot. I've even used the term " hey this would make a great ambush stand where these deer are entering the field edge". Agree totally about the turkeys though if your not going to talk with him where's the fun.

I see what your saying, But... let me ask this if the corn is spread and not piled is it any different than a feeding area with good acorn production the deer are still eating behind each other. Again, isn't sitting over acorns, persimmons, food plots an ambush spot. I've even used the term " hey this would make a great ambush stand where these deer are entering the field edge". Agree totally about the turkeys though if your not going to talk with him where's the fun.

Because spread corn is not naturally occurring. Personally I do not bait - never have and never will, but I am not going to necessarily begrudge someone that wants to use it.

My bigger issue is with the current patchwork of baiting laws in this state. In my example above about feeding the chickens I would be in violation of the letter of the law. It's probably a good thing for me, I do not hunt turkey because my chickens gotta eat...

I live where I hunt. So if I throw my chickens some corn and then go hunting some turkey, that is "wrong all the way around"??? How about calling a stupid regulation what is - a stupid regulation. Either allow baiting or do not allow it, but do not split it down the middle of the state and allow if for some animals.

I understand and agree, but if the reg. states that then you should follow it.

Because spread corn is not naturally occurring. Personally I do not bait - never have and never will, but I am not going to necessarily begrudge someone that wants to use it.

My bigger issue is with the current patchwork of baiting laws in this state. In my example above about feeding the chickens I would be in violation of the letter of the law. It's probably a good thing for me, I do not hunt turkey because my chickens gotta eat...
Ahhh yes but food plots and fields are not naturally occurring either. It's all perspective really and wouldn't get caught up on the morality of baiting too much. You see even when you drop alittle tinks out, that's baiting, me sitting on a group of does during the rut and not taking one that's baiting. Using corn actually does more for the ecosystem than just doing nothing song birds, quail, dove, turkeys, mice, squirls they all feed off of the scraps. Let me ask this the Indians were considered the most natural hunters in American history if one would have found something to bait his prey in with to make harvesting easier to feed the family do you think he would have done? You dam right he would have. Do I put baiting in the same boat with stealing.. nah, if it were still illegal where I hunt would I do it... probly not I'd play the silly little game. Yes the rules should be the same state wide either way, hunting over bait will not hurt the pop. as much as yotes and cars

I agree with this completely. Having different laws split down the middle of the state is ridiculous.

I hunt in S GA where baiting is legal. From what I have seen from the couple years of people baiting down there is the deer still go nocturnal just like they do at any other place, and if lots of guys are baiting the deer herd has plenty of feeding options. Even more than they had before. It really doesn't give much, if any advantage since everybody is doing it. Just like food plots, fruit trees, etc...And for the record, I have never hunted over bait down there. I don't see the point in it on the particular piece of property I am hunting.

Back
Top Bottom