• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stealing or not?

Is it still wrong if the law isn't strictly enforced?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 84.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No such thing as free tacos.

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters
You have to look in the mirror and live with yourself. To me its stealing/poaching. Just because you get a pass from an LEO doesn't make it right.

Moral relativism. Where does your moral compass take you? Whether you looted a store during hurrcane Katrina or were on Wall Street selling worthless mortgage funds, stealing is stealing.

Nice poke at the Brokers. Thought their "class" was exempt from scrutiny.

Even though I primarily hunt in the southern zone, I do not bait for any type of game. I do plant some small food plots late in the season so there is some supplemental food available to the animals. I do a lot of work during the off season on my hunting property to make it more of an attractive habitat for game, but I do not believe in baiting. Baiting is cheating in my opinion whether legal or not. I also believe anyone putting out corn "to feed the deer or hogs" is still baiting regardless of what they call it.

If I do not put out any type of bait, but the people on the neighboring property are doing it constantly, there is a great chance that they will attract game that might otherwise be on my property. I do not believe that is fair and is one of the reasons I do not bait, even though it is technically legal where I hunt.

If you shoot a turkey on baited land thats stealing cause you don't have a legal right to it. If you hunted on baited land and didn't shoot a turkey that's just illegal. OK I'll ask, Did you get a ticket?

If you shoot a turkey on baited land thats stealing cause you don't have a legal right to it. If you hunted on baited land and didn't shoot a turkey that's just illegal. OK I'll ask, Did you get a ticket?
Nope. I quite hunting, alerted the president, pissed off all the members, who themselves supposedly called wardens afterwards, and I spoke to one I know. The wardens they spoke to supposedly told them they won't enforce the law inside 200 yards. The one I spoke to said 200 yards or two miles it's still illegal (as the law clearly states) however.... IF they stay out of the area they 'probably' won't get ticketed. He however has ticketed people further than 200 yards if it was obvious what their intent was. One of the guys was definitely hunting right near corn. They all may have been. I just don't get people.... As much as I love hunting... too many 'hunters' are just disappointing.

it is still theft, unless the item is being thrown out in the thrash or given away it should not be taken

i even ask before i dumpster dive most of the time so i am just brutally honest naturally though

Nope. I quite hunting, alerted the president, pissed off all the members, who themselves supposedly called wardens afterwards, and I spoke to one I know. The wardens they spoke to supposedly told them they won't enforce the law inside 200 yards. The one I spoke to said 200 yards or two miles it's still illegal (as the law clearly states) however.... IF they stay out of the area they 'probably' won't get ticketed. He however has ticketed people further than 200 yards if it was obvious what their intent was. One of the guys was definitely hunting right near corn. They all may have been. I just don't get people.... As much as I love hunting... too many 'hunters' are just disappointing.

Well it sounds like you did the right thing, but I still will not fault the wardens for using their discretion. Using my land for example, I hunt a small property. I surround it with cameras to keep an eye on the game traffic, but I hunt away from the cameras. If I were to drop bait, and I don't anyway, but if I were to do it, it would be in front of the cameras. And even though I would never hunt the camera areas, I could be ticketed. But hey that is why I do not bait in the first place. Unfortunately though I think we have to have it in order to help control the hog population.

If an LEO tells you, "By the letter of the law, you can't steal anything. But as long as you don't shoplift anything worth more than $100 dollars, I'm not going to arrest or cite you." 1. Is it still stealing?2. Do you partake?Yes, it's about hunting....
It's called morals. Mans law is only part if it.

Back
Top Bottom