• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stippling repair on a Glock 19X

Have you checked my thread on stippling???...ive repaired many poly frames and other types of substrates from SA, SW and Sig...all flat ironed to start and none have ever been so thin that i couldnt blend similar material from another to repair...you have to know their specific material and melting point...once you know that, you can fix it as long as its not in a functioning area like locking block or frame rail section...it may not be the prettiest thing when its finished but some creative shaping, blending and cerakote after the rework is done can make it a really nice firearm again...
No I haven't watched a video on stippling in about a decade. I've repaired many firearms as well and not once did I ever feel good about fixing someone elses stippling snafu the few times I was asked to repair them. Honestly am suprised to find out people are still doing it. Amazing way to devalue your firearm. I wouldn't own one thats been stippled. It was a fad that should've died out soon after it began

No I haven't watched a video on stippling in about a decade. I've repaired many firearms as well and not once did I ever feel good about fixing someone elses stippling snafu the few times I was asked to repair them. Honestly am suprised to find out people are still doing it. Amazing way to devalue your firearm. I wouldn't own one thats been stippled. It was a fad that should've died out soon after it began

Blah blah blah……….

Different strokes for different folks.

The added texture is great, especially for folks that wear gloves.

Some folks need the grip slimmed down a mite to better fit their hands. When that’s done, the frame is now slick n’ smooth unless you stipple it, or coat it with something gritty/grippy.

I don’t stipple my Glocks, but I’m not adverse to it. I don’t do it because I don’t need it, and not because it will “devalue” my firearm. On a carry gun that I’m betting my life on, I‘m more concerned about how well I run it than what some dude on down the road is willing to pay for it.

I have liked the majority of stippling jobs that I have felt, regardless of how they looked. If they looked good AND were functional, even better.

I do relieve my G19’s up under the trigger guard a bit to let me get a little higher grip.

On handguns such as the P320 and P365, the subframe is a purely polymer part that can be replaced for $40-$50. Stipple/modify to your heart’s content, and in less than a minute you can have it back in factory new configuration.

Some folks like to personalize their firearms. Stippling is one way to do that.

Blah blah blah……….

Different strokes for different folks.

The added texture is great, especially for folks that wear gloves.

Some folks need the grip slimmed down a mite to better fit their hands. When that’s done, the frame is now slick n’ smooth unless you stipple it, or coat it with something gritty/grippy.

I don’t stipple my Glocks, but I’m not adverse to it. I don’t do it because I don’t need it, and not because it will “devalue” my firearm. On a carry gun that I’m betting my life on, I‘m more concerned about how well I run it than what some dude on down the road is willing to pay for it.

I have liked the majority of stippling jobs that I have felt, regardless of how they looked. If they looked good AND were functional, even better.

I do relieve my G19’s up under the trigger guard a bit to let me get a little higher grip.

On handguns such as the P320 and P365, the subframe is a purely polymer part that can be replaced for $40-$50. Stipple/modify to your heart’s content, and in less than a minute you can have it back in factory new configuration.

Some folks like to personalize their firearms. Stippling is one way to do that.
Blah blah blah, really don't care

Back
Top Bottom