• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stock Glock sights vs Night Sights for EDC?

OEM or Night Sights

• OEM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Night Sights

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
I'd rather have no sights. Lol.

Seriously tho.. I find the OEM fronts at 0.140" to be way too wide for any practical shooting. Too slow.

I prefer a 0.115" or less. Be it fiber optic or even plain black.

Stock sights are horrid. 3 dot night sights aren't much better. Night sights aren't good for much beyond finding your pistol on the nightstand.

Get a WML

How are you liking the Ameriglo CAP? I can get these dirt cheap right now... like $40 or the i dots or spartans for $60.. not including installation.
I just installed them a few hours ago, so I'm not sure yet. I like the compromise somewhere between rear lamps and blacked out, and the square pattern seems easier to pick up than the usual round. The Amazon price for these was $53 and I installed them myself.

C6FA18C7-992B-4FC2-9E10-07322378FB30.jpeg
I always go with nite sites. My 19 has the tru-glo tfo they are super bright day and nite and only about $100 installed

I’m just curious but why would you not want nite sights and a light to properly identify a possible target if you had to use a edc or a nite stand gun? Would you clear your house turning on lights as you go?

As a side note I highly recommend the aplc for a g19 . The combination of the nite sights and aplc on my 19 makes for a pretty good combo. Fierce defender makes a great iwb holster for the setup for about $45 bucks and it’s not bulky for edc of you decide to switch it up

I’m just curious but why would you not want nite sights and a light to properly identify a possible target if you had to use a edc or a nite stand gun? Would you clear your house turning on lights as you go?

How do night sights help with IDing anything? Glad you have a light, but I'd dump the I force for a surefire or streamlight.

How do night sights help with IDing anything? Glad you have a light, but I'd dump the I force for a surefire or streamlight.
The nite sites help you actually see the sites in a low light situation. Most shooters practice in daylight standing square in front of a target 10-25 yards away. Statistics show for most shooting they occur in low light conditions. As for the light I had the Surefire and it felt bulky. Haven’t tried the streamlight. Any good for the price? The in force maintains a pretty clean snagfree profile and with a good battery at 200 lumens works nice.

Back
Top Bottom