• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stocking a little extra

I've been going to a lot of estate sales lately. Have picked up quite a few 2 1/2 and 5 gallon gas cans with the old spout cheap. I also pick up cast iron pans cheaply and add them to my stash.

I restocked the small meals for 2 people that we keep on hand at our church. I rotated out all the rice crispie treats and power bars and boxes of macaroni and cheese that were past the use by dates and took the old to our family reuinon on Saturday and the kids went nuts and it was all gone quickly. The cans of tuna and chicken are well within their use by dates and we also vacuum sealed one pound bags of rice and beans to extend the food in the meal sets. They have come in very handy when someone has hit a bad spot and is short on food. It will keep them going but not stock their larder. My only job is to act as a stop gap there.

From my Y2K days, I have a wheat and corn grinder. I picked up some 50 pound bags of popcorn at Sam's cheaply and vacuum sealed 5 pound bags and put them away in 5 gallon containers. I can grind 5 pounds of popcorn into corn meal in a pretty short time.

I picked up a 260 gallon food quality tote for about $150 bucks and filled that with word in my big storage building. I wrapped a couple of rolls of insulation around it just to make sure it doesn't freeze but the plastic is pretty thick and I don't think that is a real concern. It is in a meal surround tote and is very sturdy. I may get another one soon. There is a guy that advertises on Craigslist that is down on Six Flags Drive and he has all kids of barrels and totes for pretty cheap. I got my latest burn barrels from him too.

Went to Aldi's on Friday. They have the most inexpensive can goods around. Bring your own bags. If you want them to bag your stuff you have to buy the bags from them. Only 10 or 15 cents a bag but it's easy enough to bring you own bags.

Tested out all the Ham gear. I can hit the local repeaters with 2 meters. HF is working fine. CB is also working great and when skip is good I can talk into the adjoining states.

Pruned my gun safes. If I haven't shot it in 2 or 3 years or if I've never shot it then it was sold off at ODT gunshow. I have extra ammo in different calibers that I will use to barter with and not offer up any of my main weapon calibers. Also have picked up more black powder pistols (sold one off that I didn't like) but am having a hard time finding caps (#10) but have a few hundred on hand along with powder and ball and the other necessities. Also have a long bow and enough arrows for what ever reason may come up.

Well stocked in my necessary medication. If you stock antibiotics for your "fish" and "other animals" be aware that while most of that stuff is over the counter, I believe a new law has been passed and it will become prescription only within the next two months. If you think your fish are going to get sick soon you might want to stock up on that too.

Precious metals are getting hard to come by. The spot prices are dropping a little bit but the premiums are getting huge. Beware of people that want to buy your silver and gold at spot prices. You can get about half of the premiums now over spot when selling to reputable shops.

Stay safe and be aware for the coming next emergency.
Can get antibiotics from an overseas pharmacy too.

It’s just a little more messy when you’ve got dissentary.
A handful of dirt can do wonders.
8zTF.gif

Do you have any links?
Fish antibiotics. Not joking its the exact same **** we get at the doctor for 1/100th of the price. Here’s any info you need.

Fish antibiotics. Not joking its the exact same **** we get at the doctor for 1/100th of the price. Here’s any info you need.

Hard copy to keep on hand

Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings

Hard copy to keep on hand

Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings

I‘ll be adding that to my library, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom