• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stocking a little extra

If it works for you.
Not a fan of packing a freezer, too many ways to lose it all. I’m always a worst case scenario kinda guy.
But if you’re secure in your backup power and the health of your freezer, good to have that meat on board.
I lost my 2 big freezers within a month of each other and most of what was in them. That was a valuable and expensive lesson. Now it's canned and dried goods and just what I feel I could eat in the near future for the freezer.

Estate sales are great. I pickup cheap king size flat sheets and cut them into foot squares to be usEd in the future as butt wipe. Can be washed/boiled for reuse - no leaves or 3 shells for me lol
Any mountain man is used to using corn cobs and when times get really tough real men use pine cones.

I have a lake across the street that Geese and Ducks frequent quite often and it is full of bass. I'll lose some weight but we'll manage. At one time I had 150 cans of cambells chunky soup that we eventually gave to the local homeless shelter because we never ate it and didn't want it to go bad.

Back
Top Bottom