• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stoeger Cougar experience?

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
My father has always shot revolvers and is wanting to venture into a new auto pistol. He can not stand the grip on the Glocks and M&P's, is ok with the XD's, not much for 1911's, felt the berretta 92fs was a little thick etc...

He held a Stoeger Cougar 9mm in our local shop and really liked the grip on it.

I'm just simply wondering if any of you have had one and what our experience was good or bad. I noticed I almost never see them come up on here for sell which cold be both a good and a bad thing.

Incase you are unaware the cougar works on a rotating barrel, not the typical tilt down we are all so familiar with.

Here is a link to their website incase some of you just want to see it.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger-cougar.php

i133.photobucket.com_albums_q74_DonatoFoto_StoegerCougar9mm.jpg

[Broken External Image]:

Had one for the wife in .40sw.. was a great little gun... it's a Beretta design that they sell under stoeger name. Made in Turkey. Wife wanted an M&P so we traded it. Decent gun for the price

Yeah he shoots time to time, but no more than maybe 50 or so rounds at a time, so this pistol would be lucky if it ever hit 1k rounds down range....he's a fricken dead on shot, even when you hand him something he has never shot. It's crazy really, handed him my Glock a while back and he hated the way it felt in his hand, he took two shots and from then on he was making coke cans jump out to 40m every shot, and his grip is like really weird and it recoils a lot so he can't shoot accurate rapidly but it doesn't matter cause he is gonna hit it with the first shot....lol

I've got a stainless .40 and love it. I probably have 300 rds through her already.

The rotating barrel is interesting, I cant really tell a difference in .40 but I figured if it's good enough on a Beretta PX4, its' fine by me.

The downside is mags are expensive.

Got mine new at AO for $400 and the blued version like your above was $359 new.

Had a Cougar compact .40, didn't shoot it alot but never had a single issue with it. I actually sold it because I DIDN'T like the grip angle! lol Too straight, my natural point of aim always had me pointing low. Wish it hadn't been the case cause I liked the gun otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom