• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stolen Truck from Kennesaw Mtn.

you guys want to beat up on him after his stuff got stolen. it is none of your business why

Uh, yes it is. Why anybody leaves their gun in their car, likely unlocked, blows my mind. I’m sick of people leaving their guns in their car and then getting mad when they get stolen. We take reports for this happening all the time. Is it his fault his stuff got stolen? No. But by being careless and not properly securing his firearm it is now in the hands of someone that can use it against innocent civilians and law enforcement.

Uh, yes it is. Why anybody leaves their gun in their car, likely unlocked, blows my mind. I’m sick of people leaving their guns in their car and then getting mad when they get stolen. We take reports for this happening all the time. Is it his fault his stuff got stolen? No. But by being careless and not properly securing his firearm it is now in the hands of someone that can use it against innocent civilians and law enforcement.
You must use Marta

Yeah because no ones ever broken a window to enter a vehicle before. Cops gonna provide free vehicle safes, or can they do their job and hunt criminals?

Yeah because no ones ever broken a window to enter a vehicle before. Cops gonna provide free vehicle safes, or they can do their job and hunt criminals?

Most, but not all, entering autos are unlocked vehicles. Either way, handgun sized safes are pretty cheap and can be secured under vehicle seats. We do what we can to try and prevent theft, but it is your responsibility to secure your personal property and firearms.

Most, but not all, entering autos are unlocked vehicles. Either way, handgun sized safes are pretty cheap and can be secured under vehicle seats. We do what we can to try and prevent theft, but it is your responsibility to secure your personal property and firearms.
I'm not sure which position I take on this whole thing but isn't your vehicle considered personal property? Furthermore, would it matter if your firearm was locked in a vehicle safe if the entire vehicle is stolen?

I'm not sure which position I take on this whole thing but isn't your vehicle considered personal property? Furthermore, would it matter if your firearm was locked in a vehicle safe if the entire vehicle is stolen?

I’m speaking more along the lines of guns being taken from vehicles every day. But yes, you make a valid point. However, it sounds like the vehicle was left unlocked with the keys in it while the owner visited the park. Which goes back to my whole point of securing your personal property. Unless there was clear forced entry and the owner had the keys on him and they still got the vehicle, but the original post does not say.

My point is this. Lock your vehicle. But take extra measures to secure your weapon. I leave personal property in my locked vehicle all the time like blue tooth speakers, clothes, etc. But I make sure to remove my weapon from the vehicle or secure it in a safe inside when going to places I can’t carry (airport, etc). My blue tooth speakers won’t be used to kill somebody by a criminal. But my handgun can. Just my opinion.

I hate thieves. But we can all take extra steps to make sure our guns don’t end up in the hands of criminals.

Mine got broken into last night at a motel near the job site

Must have been looking for money and guns only

They left the laptop and CB radio and generator and lots of tools
I can’t find anything missing

8 cars got hit

Back
Top Bottom