• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

Now look we can argue about guns but cash and prepaid cards is just ****ing stupid.
Well How else are you going to pay for the Hookers? I hear a few have Square to swipe the prepaid card... They charge you an extra 3% though. Although most will take the tip!

I crack myself up....

I’m not against college loan debt. I just don’t want to donate my tax dollars to other people’s debts.

I’m not against thieves making a dishonest living, bless their hearts. I just don’t want to donate my firearm to their cause, much less return to my vehicle to be faced with my own weapon being pointed at me.

It’s cheap and easy for me to properly secure unattended guns in my work or personal vehicles.

I don’t think it should be illegal to be stupid. I just don’t choose to engage in stupid behavior myself. Well. In this situation, anyway... To each their own. Live strong.

I’m not against college loan debt. I just don’t want to donate my tax dollars to other people’s debts.

I’m not against thieves making a dishonest living, bless their hearts. I just don’t want to donate my firearm to their cause, much less return to my vehicle to be faced with my own weapon being pointed at me.

It’s cheap and easy for me to properly secure unattended guns in my work or personal vehicles.

I don’t think it should be illegal to be stupid. I just don’t choose to engage in stupid behavior myself. Well. In this situation, anyway... To each their own. Live strong.
If they have to break a lock to get in the vehicle then why is it a problem for them to break another lock to get at your so-called "secured" firearm? Am I stupid for thinking my locked vehicle should offer security? Of course if I lived in or near a **** hole like ATL then I would be more concerned but I choose not to live in such places. I guess someone has to do it. Just not me.

If they have to break a lock to get in the vehicle then why is it a problem for them to break another lock to get at your so-called "secured" firearm? Am I stupid for thinking my locked vehicle should offer security? Of course if I lived in or near a **** hole like ATL then I would be more concerned but I choose not to live in such places. I guess someone has to do it. Just not me.
Having viewed (unfortunately) hundreds of hours of video of smash and grab car burglaries, it’s about adding time. They usually do scores of cars a day, and they generally sweep the glovebox, armrest, under seats, and in door pockets. That is, of course, in addition to anything left in plain sight.

Devices that are difficult to access without specialized tools (and carrying anything more than a big screwdriver or piece of metal is difficult to explain, for your average car buster), add time. And time adds risk. This why most prolific car burglars are deterred by supplemental security.

I’m not saying that’s how it should work. But that’s how it does work…

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasn’t my call so I don’t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that it’s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, don’t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
I know of several women that left their purses & old purses in cars & then bitch about the cost of replacing those windows not to mention the hassle of replacing phones, id’s, credit cards etc but hey it’s not their fault ?

Back
Top Bottom