• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stopped by GSP Today for Speeding (I was packing a G36)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right...I have family in SC and thought maybe you knew something I didn't....the only way I've been able to come up with is owning property in state. :(

Well, if you own property in Florida you can get a non-resident SC license because SC reciprocates with Florida RESIDENT permit. A Georgia resident can get a Florida non-resident but not a SC one. A Florida NON-resident permit does not reciprocate with SC. So basically if you have a GA permit you are screwed in SC. As I found out for my recent trip to Myrtle Beach. Glove box carry only. Dammit.

Well, if you own property in Florida you can get a non-resident SC license because SC reciprocates with Florida RESIDENT permit. A Georgia resident can get a Florida non-resident but not a SC one. A Florida NON-resident permit does not reciprocate with SC. So basically if you have a GA permit you are screwed in SC. As I found out for my recent trip to Myrtle Beach. Glove box carry only. Dammit.

yeah I have both a GA and FL permit and can't carry in SC....although that has given me a good reason to buy something on PCB now. LOL

Something not right about this I lived and worked in VA and VA does not honor GA license and it is a crime in VA to carry without their permit and they would have arrested you

Maybe this will make it clearer..... I never said I had a GWL when I was stopped in Virginia.... After 17 years at Quantico, I moved to GA last May. When I was stopped in Virginia, I had a VA CCP....I got a GWL immediately after getting my GADL....and now I avoid the Commonwealth of Virginia....

Last edited:
I know this is going to sound crazy to some of ya'll, but I have been written several warnings by leo officers without disclosing the fact I was armed. I really don't think the officer thinks to himself - "hey! he let me finger **** his firearm, think i'll let him go with a warning"- but I could be wrong.

Maybe this will make it clearer..... I never said I had a GWL when I was stopped in Virginia.... After 17 years at Quantico, I moved to GA last May. When I was stopped in Virginia, I had a VA CCP....I got a GWL immediately after getting my GADL....and now I avoid the Commonwealth of Virginia....

Semper Fi :usa2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom