• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stopped by GSP Today for Speeding (I was packing a G36)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charleston is my home town... you live on the RIGHT side of town....

Me too man, grew up there. Great city, especially being able to park next to Colonial Lake and walk anywhere you need to be.

Virginia is an BIG open carry state and unless your up near DC you will not be bothered. They have a very aggressive organization there that stays on top of the political side of this issue. While I'm not a big open carry guy I did until I got off my lazy butt and went thru the process. I was stopped twice just after moving near Quantico with an open carry weapon, in a vehicle and had ZERO problems and no tickets. This was not long ago.

Last edited:
I see the correlation between volunteering this info and an increased chance of getting a warning. BUT, you also have to consider your safety, as well as your right to not be disarmed "for officer safety".

The op was fortunate in that he was not shot, ordered to the ground, etc. But in the end he sacrificed liberty and security by volunteering this info. Not worth the price imo. I've been stopped and received tickets on a few occasions, I was never ordered out of my vehicle or disarmed, because the officers never knew I was carrying. It is simply not their business. I paid the municipalities their penalty fees and moved on.

Guys, the chances of encountering le during your daily lives are going up. You can't take a crap the wrong without breaking the law. This means more encounters for people just going about their lives. More and more police have the "us vs. them" mentality, not to mention being told constantly that they are at war. Your chances of being lucky are diminishing. It just takes one bad encounter.

Something not right about this I lived and worked in VA and VA does not honor GA license and it is a crime in VA to carry without their permit and they would have arrested you

You can open carry in VA without a permit. You can have it in your vehicle so long as it's in a "container or compartment."

Give courtesy, get courtesy.

Yeah right!?

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=216864

Me: Sure thing.(I hand him my license and GFL)
C1: Do you have a gun?
Me: I have 2, one on my hip. Backup on my ankle.(My hands have not left my steering wheel except to give him my license. He runs my permit, comes back valid)
C1: Why do you have 2?
Me: Because you never know what might happen.
C1: Ok, keep your hands visible, I'm going to ask you to step out of the car.
Me: ok(I wait for him to open the door)
C1: how do you open your door?
Me: Pull the handle...
C1: Ok put you hands on your head and face away from me.(At this point his gun is drawn and pointed at my head). Put you hands behind your back, if you move you will have a bullet in you.(I really don't know what to do. I wait for him to grab my hands because I really don't want to get shot.)
He disarms me and I hear sirens approaching.
Me: Don't tell me those sirens are for me.
C1: They are.

Court case settled, page 20

I want to thank all of you support over the past 2 years. It has been a long, arduous process that is finally over. As of writing this, 544 of the 592 Cobb Co. Police Officers have been fully trained on the proper procedures for a citizen with a weapon. This includes every single patrol officer. The officers not yet trained are those on desk duty, that have a slim chance of encountering citizens on the street.
We have achieved the results we were seeking. Cobb Co. Officers now know that they can not search our cars just because we have a GWP. They cannot hold a firearm to our heads, just because we are carrying. They must treat us like any other law-abiding citizen.

It is because of all of you that this was possible.

Thank you again and I hope this spreads to other counties and cities so they know that ordinary citizens will stand up for what is right. We will not be bullied. We will use all resources possible to stand up and defend our Constitution.

Semper Vigilans

Your brother in arms,
Dennis Kast

Ah. OK. My wife is from there. Beautiful state but those laws sure make it less so.....

Nothing like the Commonwealth of Virginia.... above average public education, high property and real estate taxes, low crime except for the Lisk and Silva Murders and of course the DC Sniper shooting......many megabuck horse farms....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom