• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Store Owner Shoots and Kills Shoplifter Walking Out The Door

I do feel bad for the shootee. Homeless guy, probably needed the hatchet for chopping firewood to keep warm this winter (and/or protection). Dead over a $5 item.

2k8kmd.jpg

We need to be able to defend ourselves and property but I can't see shooting a guy trying to get away with a $15.00 hatchet. I don't think the shooter knew exactly what the guy had put under his shirt but knew it was something.

So the moral of the story is let people steal from you? If this happened more often there would be less of them
I understand what you are saying but if you were to ask the shooter what action he should have taken, I would bet that looking at a stiff jail sentence does not appeal to him or his family. He may change his mind and call the law. They had a good picture of the perp.

I understand what you are saying but if you were to ask the shooter what action he should have taken, I would bet that looking at a stiff jail sentence does not appeal to him or his family. He may change his mind and call the law. They had a good picture of the perp.

I completely agree with you... Do you know how many good pictures they have of criminals on the loose? If were his house would it be different? It was his store, something I'm sure he has put a lot of his own time and money into. I just don't have any sympathy for the thieves. Criminals are getting away with less penalty than the good guys that try to take care of their stuff. I realize that the man is screwed, the laws shouldn't be in favor of criminals.

I completely agree with you... Do you know how many good pictures they have of criminals on the loose? If were his house would it be different? It was his store, something I'm sure he has put a lot of his own time and money into. I just don't have any sympathy for the thieves. Criminals are getting away with less penalty than the good guys that try to take care of their stuff. I realize that the man is screwed, the laws shouldn't be in favor of criminals.
I agree with you too. I am more worried for the shooter rather than the guy that was killed, he made his choice when he entered the store. I just hate to see the shooter and his family's lives changed forever over something like that.

Back
Top Bottom