• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Strategic Edge Gun Range - review

Duce4trey

Default rank <4000 posts
KEYBOARD OPERATOR
58   0
Reaction score
I felt compelled to write up a review after joining and going there for the first time yesterday.

Let me start by saying I live in the city limits of Marietta. I cannot shoot of my back deck like a lot of you. I do not own 50 acres to shoot on. I do know a few guys with land but they only shoot out to a few hundred yards. I want to start shooting longer than the 600 yards offered at River bend gun club. So what is available? I have found nothing. If you want to shoot over 1000 yards you either have to be someone on the inside of some of the private ranges or know someone with land. But even then you can be subjected to their availability to go shoot.

A couple months ago while at a shoot at River Bend, I overheard some guys talking about Strategic Edge gun range. Its located in Chapel Hill Tennessee. I went home and did some research and liked what they had to offer so I emailed inquiring for membership. 3 weeks later I received an email stating I had been accepted and needed to show up to take the new members orientation class.

Now I know what must of you guys are thinking, why the hell is this guy going to Tennessee to shoot? The answer is there is no range open to the public or paid membership range that goes out to 1250 yards.

I made the little over 3 hour drive from my house to the range yesterday. Filled out my application in person and paid my membership fee. How much you ask? Since I live more than 75 miles away it is only $100 bucks + tax and there is a $50 application fee. That's right, only 100 bucks. I know a lot of guys on here that piss away 100 bucks on nothing, I am one of them.

So what do they offer their members?
Range is open 7 days a week from dawn to dusk. You are given a gate code to enter the property and another door code to enter the office space.
They have 5 bays where you can shoot paper or steel. pistols, rifle, etc.
They have the short range bay with targets and steel at 50 yards for rimfire and then targets and steel at 100, 200, 300 and 500 yards.
Then there is the long bay. There are targets and steel at 100, 600, 750, 1000 and 1250 yards.
They have a 5 stand shotgun area.
They have a place for archery.

And something I have never seen before at a gun range. For all you reloaders. Tired of working on a load, shooting and then having to go back home to make adjustments and then go back to the range to see how your rounds perform? They have a RCBS press and RCBS chargemaster available in a room attached to the short range bay. Bring your powder, bullets, and primed brass and you are ready to create a load in a day.

They also have chronographs, spotting scopes and various bags and rifle supports available as loaners for all members.

Some might think I am crazy for joining a range out of state but for the cost and the benefits I felt it was a no brainer. Especially if you are looking to shoot long range.

I am by no way affiliated with Strategic Edge but I wanted to share this in the thought it might help others who are in my same situation.

http://www.strategicedge.us/gun-range

Attachments

• SE4.jpg
    SE4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 36
  • SE3.jpg
    SE3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
  • SE1.jpg
    SE1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 36
  • SE2.jpg
    SE2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 37
Nice range report!

How often do they go cold? And if someone is stretching 'er out to 1,250 - how long does the cold range last?

Is it ad-hoc or do they have a system?

Nice range report!

How often do they go cold? And if someone is stretching 'er out to 1,250 - how long does the cold range last?

Is it ad-hoc or do they have a system?

They do have a system, like a stop light. It is the same system for both short and long range bays.
30 minute timers.
5-30 the light is green and you are good.
at 5 minutes left, buzzer goes off and light turns yellow.
When timer hits 0, another buzzer goes off and the lights go red.

They provide free golf carts for you to drive out to anything past 100 yards to either hang your targets or they have free white spray paint to paint the steel.

Cold range is also on a 30 minute timer but if everyone is back and ready then the bays can go hot.

I think I have to join!

That's awesome. It'll take all day to go there, but it already takes all day to pack and haul gear to Anniston (2 hours), Chief's (90 minutes), Riverbend (one hour).

I just wish someone would build one closer to Atlanta... it's either the one in TN or the one near Statesboro... neither are exactly convenient.

I think I have to join!

That's awesome. It'll take all day to go there, but it already takes all day to pack and haul gear to Anniston (2 hours), Chief's (90 minutes), Riverbend (one hour).

I just wish someone would build one closer to Atlanta... it's either the one in TN or the one near Statesboro... neither are exactly convenient.

My thoughts exactly.

Back
Top Bottom