• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stuck case

Adam5

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
148   1
Reaction score
I guess that I’m through sizing .350 Legend brass for a few days. My friend that I reload with has a stuck case remover. We’ll be using it this weekend.
7428B6B6-D214-479C-8479-72A70BE25043.jpeg

I can help u out. I’m near the perimeter

I appreciate the offer, but it will be Saturday until I can do it anyway. I use a Lee hand press to size brass at my coffee table. A friend that I finish loading the processed brass with has a vise, a real press, and a stuck case remover. Besides, it’s his die that a case stuck in.

Here is a video on how to remove a Stuck Case. Most of these items can be gathered at a hardware store, but buy a quality bolt for removing the case. It isn't that hard to do.

Yep, been there also. I have a Lyman stuck case removal kit, works rather well. Besides mention of lack of lube, other factors can be the type of brass, then fit into the shell holder. At times I’ve improvised with a shell holder that wasn’t ideal for the case. Why would I do that you ask? I load some oddball rounds, milsurp, obsolete, etc. Another reason ‘was’ I normally use an older turret press, shell plates for the various cases almost impossible to find, though I have most.

I have since added a single stage press, easier to source the proper shell holder.

Back
Top Bottom