• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid avoidable damage...duh!

Whoa......WTH?!?.....think I want to hear about this one...and what about the floor?

after a day at the range, cleaning the S&W with some other guns. Loaded the Smith and for some reason pulled the hammer back to drop a bit of oil in. Pulled the trigger---boom thru the table into the wall near the floor. Fortunately when I dry fire (or in this case think I am dry firing) I still point in a safe direction.

There are 2 types of shooters, those who have had an AD and those who are going to have an AD. That was mine and it was about 27 years ago.

after a day at the range, cleaning the S&W with some other guns. Loaded the Smith and for some reason pulled the hammer back to drop a bit of oil in. Pulled the trigger---boom thru the table into the wall near the floor. Fortunately when I dry fire (or in this case think I am dry firing) I still point in a safe direction.

There are 2 types of shooters, those who have had an AD and those who are going to have an AD. That was mine and it was about 27 years ago.

You spelled 'Negligent Discharge' (ND) wrong.

you do not 'accidentally' forget the rules
;)

I've actually had a few at different times in my life. ALL involved people looking at my guns and alcohol. Not proud of any, but since others are sharing, I guess I can make a fool of myself too.

Had an ND with my AR15 in the living room. Was leaned against a chair and my roommate at the time had been looking at the gun, when I wasn't around and had chambered a round. I went to pick it up to put it in my room, sling was caught on the chair and pulled the gun back, finger hit the trigger and BOOM! Went through the coffee table, through the floor, into the ceiling in the garage, cut only the neutral wire on the Romex controlling the garage, exited the ceiling and hit the concrete.

Well since we are on the subject of AD's.....a long time ago in a world far, far away, yours truly was cleaning his M60D (stay with me-it gets good) after returning from "aerial door gunnery" exercises in Germany from a UH-60 Blackhawk. Now we have cleared the M60's after shooting them from the helicopter, an officer cleared them after removing them from the helicopter, another officer cleared them after loading them onto trucks, and another NCO "cleared them" after putting them into the arms room. Next day is weapons cleaning M60's day, my buddy totes his M60 into our office, pulls back on the bolt, pulls the trigger, and BAM!!! puts a .308 into the floor!! Needless to say HE lost a stripe (not any of the officers) and we of course awarded him an "Aerial FLOOR Gunners Badge"!!Ah yes, memories of 30 lbs less and a whole lot more hair!!!

The lead operator in the water treatment plant I worked in in 1994, brought his shotty to work one night to swap barrels and put his slug barrel on. After he finished he was cycling shells through it (I guess to test functionality) and when he finished, he layed it on the operators dest to make his rounds. Later that night he picked it up and pretended he was being robbed, pointed it into the corridor where all the level gauges and flow meters were, and pulled the trigger... Blew a $3k tank guage into pieces. Told the superintendent that he was cleaning it and thought it was clear. From then on, we couldn't have guns at work.

Back
Top Bottom