• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid fishing mistakes

I go to Brazil once a year for business and always make a point to fish because it's Brazil. One time in the amazon we were catfishing in a deep pool from the bank for pintado and I reached into my pocket for my bag of jolly ranchers and they spill out. I set my pole down and reach over to grab a blue one and WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the river. Long gone but at least I had a spare and a funny story. We caught a ton of peacocks that trip.
Last Christmas in Brazil, we were out on a lake targeting pacu. I was helping a friend retie and held my rode between my thighs. WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the lake. Long gone. I'm going to start duck tapping rodes to my body.
Dog leashes are your friend— just put over something and run thru loop and hook to spinner.

I go to Brazil once a year for business and always make a point to fish because it's Brazil. One time in the amazon we were catfishing in a deep pool from the bank for pintado and I reached into my pocket for my bag of jolly ranchers and they spill out. I set my pole down and reach over to grab a blue one and WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the river. Long gone but at least I had a spare and a funny story. We caught a ton of peacocks that trip.
Last Christmas in Brazil, we were out on a lake targeting pacu. I was helping a friend retie and held my rode between my thighs. WHOOOOOOOOOSH my pole takes off into the lake. Long gone. I'm going to start duck tapping rodes to my body.
surfboard style leash bro.
Dog leashes are your friend— just put over something and run thru loop and hook to spinner.
we had roughly the same though at the same time lol.

Fishing in lake Jackson with my friend "Bugger" when I was about 15,we were hold up in a cove when a boat with a skier came by and thought it would be funny for the guy on the ski to come close and spray us,I had a bass plug on and when they made the second run I thru that plug over the ski rope and it rode right up the line and right into his hands,I set the hook as hard as I could (plug had two sets of treble hooks) and I think he got ALL of them! He fell,and as his homie turned to pick him up,I was still yanking that plug as hard as I could (you could hear that SOB screaming all over the lake) his friend picked him up,cut the line and left the area like a rocket,Damn guy...took my best plug with him

Fishing in lake Jackson with my friend "Bugger" when I was about 15,we were hold up in a cove when a boat with a skier came by and thought it would be funny for the guy on the ski to come close and spray us,I had a bass plug on and when they made the second run I thru that plug over the ski rope and it rode right up the line and right into his hands,I set the hook as hard as I could (plug had two sets of treble hooks) and I think he got ALL of them! He fell,and as his homie turned to pick him up,I was still yanking that plug as hard as I could (you could hear that SOB screaming all over the lake) his friend picked him up,cut the line and left the area like a rocket,Damn guy...took my best plug with him
Reading that was as good as watching a movie. I could almost hear the guy scream..

A guy I know years ago fishing in Florida for speckled trout had a boat come up close to them. They were catching a lot. The folks started fishing right where they were so the guy tied on about an oz weight and rared back threw it and hit one of them. They immediately left, went and told marine patrol. Marine patrol came out and he had to explain what happened. Didn’t get in trouble but was lucky

A guy I know years ago fishing in Florida for speckled trout had a boat come up close to them. They were catching a lot. The folks started fishing right where they were so the guy tied on about an oz weight and rared back threw it and hit one of them. They immediately left, went and told marine patrol. Marine patrol came out and he had to explain what happened. Didn’t get in trouble but was lucky
When you hit that guy did your friend raise both arms hands straight up yelling " It's good ". LOL

Back
Top Bottom