• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sub2000 40 cal question

sniper62

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
101   0
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a sub2000 in 40 cal. I saw some post of people complaining about the recoil in the KTOG group. I want something my 13yr old daughter and wife can shoot and enjoy. Could opt for the 9mm but I have more 40 ammo . Whats your experiences with the 9 and 40 in this regard.

My very old Sub 2000 in 40 S&W recoils much more than I thought it would. It's very lightweight, and the buttstock area is not well shaped, at least in my opinion. I'm about 154 lbs and regularly shoot center fire, so it's not a huge deal to me; however, my wife doesn't like it, and won't shoot it.

Looking to purchase a sub2000 in 40 cal. I saw some post of people complaining about the recoil in the KTOG group. I want something my 13yr old daughter and wife can shoot and enjoy. Could opt for the 9mm but I have more 40 ammo . Whats your experiences with the 9 and 40 in this regard.
Thank you for posting this because I have been debating one in .40 as well.
Obviously different systems, but how would it compare to recoil from a AR in .223?

I was surprised at the amount of recoil. I found it hurt my cheek when trying to really use the sights.
It is not that is is really bad, but it was more than I thought there would be.

Less than an AR15. My 11/12 year old son shoots it easily and accurately. I did add the tube cover and it made it more enjoyable for me. No cold metal and better cheek weld. I don't think it kicks much in my opinion. I can put a whole mag in 6"-8" at 50 yards with the cheap stock sights that come on it in pretty rapid succession.

I had the .40 version and my 16y/o 90# Daughter shot it like a champ.
It was the first firearm she ever fired other than a pellet rifle.

She was shredding the bullseye at 50 yards and didn't flinch.

The .40 version is very accurate and made my Daughter shoot like a champ.
If she can handle it any man who isn't a little snowflake better be able to handle it.

It's a little ratchety on the side of your face during operation but it's an emergency tool....not a heating pad.

I never had a recoil issue with my Sub2k but I'm a big guy. However, can tell you that my Beretta CX4 in .40 is far better in that category than the 2000 ever had time to be. You'll pay a few hundred more but I think the women in your life will enjoy it more.

Thanks for the replys, went with the 9mm. I'm sure the Beretta s nice but a huge selling point for me is 4 lbs and folds up to easily carry in small pack.
20170207_131517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom