• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestion Box: Anything you would like to see changed

There are after market add-ons, none directly from vbulletin that I know of.

It's not the deals, it's just the abandonment of the forum discussions that I worry about.

Steve, can you elaborate? I'm not following why you're concerned. The chat would only be for doing deals. For example, I have a gun for sale now, and I've received private messages. When I hover over the member's name, it tells me they're online. It would be nice to "Chat with buyer/seller" to make things go faster/smoother. I wasn't recommending an general chat feature, just for active classifieds. Might be more involved than I'm thinking though.

Steve, can you elaborate? I'm not following why you're concerned. The chat would only be for doing deals. For example, I have a gun for sale now, and I've received private messages. When I hover over the member's name, it tells me they're online. It would be nice to "Chat with buyer/seller" to make things go faster/smoother. I wasn't recommending an general chat feature, just for active classifieds. Might be more involved than I'm thinking though.

We're talking about two different things. When I say chat I mean like a public chat room, which I personally do not like for this site. (I made the reference to deals in response to post #6)

I have no problem with a "instant messaging" system that would be between two people. I also have no idea what would be involved in making this happen.

I've been on sites that have the chat feature and it really wasn't used that much. There may be a bunch of people on at the same time but they usually want to talk about different things which is why threads work so well. IMO, a chat feature wouldn't hurt the site. Also just my opinion, it isn't worth much time or expense to add to the site.

edit: Pretty much the same thing goes for IM.

Last edited:
I guess I was referring to more of an instant message type thing. I don't really care for a chat room. Just something quick to talk to someone about a deal on instead of going thru pms.

the only thing i don't like is when after i have looked at most of the new threads , say i log off and get back on later or after clicking the What's New tab alot of times it won't show the threads i have looked at , i have tried to adjust the settings no luck . it will say no new threads and show me nothing till someone post in it again , when it does that i have to go back to forum and find it there or search it , we know how the search box works;) just my 2cnts

the only thing i don't like is when after i have looked at most of the new threads , say i log off and get back on later or after clicking the What's New tab alot of times it won't show the threads i have looked at , i have tried to adjust the settings no luck . it will say no new threads and show me nothing till someone post in it again , when it does that i have to go back to forum and find it there or search it , we know how the search box works;) just my 2cnts

So you want a "What's Old?" button too? :)

and another thing lol i'm sorry i'm rantin today , FEEDBACK !!! IF YOU RECIEVE IT , YOU MUST LEAVE IT!!! Make it a requirement, it's not a bargaining tool to hold on till later! just sayin Ahhhhhh i'm done!

lol nahh not really but even if you don't look at all the threads , sometimes after so many clicks it stops showing you anything, and says no new items , atleast that is what it does to me

Actually I would like a "posts in the last XX hours" option, that might be cool. Sometimes when there are no new posts it will offer to show you everything in the last 24 hours.

Actually I would like a "posts in the last XX hours" option, that might be cool. Sometimes when there are no new posts it will offer to show you everything in the last 24 hours.
Yep, this was one of my suggestions over in the header section. If you're not logged in you get the "Today's posts" for the last 24 hours instead of the one based on your last login.
Handy when I'm bouncing between the laptop, desktop, ipad, phone and didn't make it through all last 8 pages since my last visit ;)

Back
Top Bottom