• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed SBR BCG/Gas block?

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
124   0
Reaction score
Putting together a couple of short barrel/pistol uppers (have 2 pistol lowers, and will SBR a separate lower) with a can (currently Dead Air Nomad but will probably order another one or possibly 2 in the near future). Having a lot of debate in my head about gas systems on the uppers. With the black Friday deals, I'm needing another BCG and looking at another Bootleg Adjustable gas BCG, or possibly a Lantac eBCG (both can be found on sale currently for around $170).

First off- anyone have a recommendation for either BCG over the other or used either in SBR/can configurations?

The uppers are some combination of the following (have most of the components together, but only the first is actually built):
5.56 SOLGW upper/rail, FCD/SOA 13.9" barrel mid length gas w/ Centurion Arms gas block (assembled and will pin/weld to 16")
5.56- aero upper, FN CHF 10.5" 1:7 barrel carbine gas Superlative Adj gas block?
6.8SPC- aero upper, wilson combat 11.3" 1:11 Geissele gas block?
300BO- aero upper, Mos-tek 7" 1:5 stainless barrel pistol gas, will shoot mostly subs in the 300, Superlative Adj gas block?

I've got 2 Superlative Arms adjustable gas blocks (and the Geissele). Was thinking Geissele on the 6.8 as once i dial in a load for that, it should just see that one load, while the others may see a few variations.

I've got an LMT enhanced BCG for the 6.8. I've got a Bootleg adjustable BCG for one (had planned on running it in the 300blackout) and a random PSA BCG for another one. Thought with the BF sales I'd pick up another decent range (sub $200) BCG on sale. Both the Lantac enhanced BCG and the Bootleg can be had in the $170 range right now..

long post, but any mistakes you see in the "pairings" or between ordering a new Lantac or Bootleg BCG for suppressed/SBR use? Just because I have a bootleg to play with already, i'm leaning towards the lantac just to try something else.

Or just buy a couple of PSA nitride BCG's and call it a day? :)

That’s kind of my hidden question- either of these better for gas dissipation with SBR?
It's been years since I've look into gas mitigation so I've forgotten all that I've learned. I'll look back through my old post to see if I can find some information. Back then I was looking for info into the SA gas block, Bootleg and Gemtech adjustable BCGs even the Griffin Armament SOB. I was wondering if using all of them would result in a gas free shooting experience.

Not a fan of adj gas blocks it’s just something else to fail or break. I use Geissele super gas blocks phosphate or nitride BCGs and Vltor A5 H1 or H2 with Vltor or green springco in my reduced gas port Sionics 11.5” barrel using DA Sandman K but I used JPCS heavy buffer in my 18” SPR BA 223W barrel using SiCo Specwar K. I like the Gen 1 BCM mod 3,4 charging handles too. Not what your looking for but still an example. I’d look into ch swaps for gas dispersement or maybe Black River Tactical adjustments instead of the adj gas block. Radian or Gas buster may be better but I haven’t tried them Geissele ACH isn’t that good for stopping tears I swapped mine out for the BCM Vltor CH because it was def better. Just my $0.02

Running piston will make a difference over DI. I'm actually going to build a SBR with PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle, Bootleg adjustable BCG and adjustable gas block to see if those will make a difference in DI. Most would say just get an OSS/HUXWRX and call it a day.

Running piston will make a difference over DI. I'm actually going to build a SBR with PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle, Bootleg adjustable BCG and adjustable gas block to see if those will make a difference in DI. Most would say just get an OSS/HUXWRX and call it a day.
That's kinda where I'm headed with these... I'm married to the dead air keymo mounts, so just looking to see what options I have as I build some new uppers.

just ordered the Lantac. I have a bootleg as well but have seen them sell blems occasionally so will wait till I see them discounted again but for now will be able to compare the bootleg to the lantac after I get the build done. Mainly wanting it for the short 300 upper as it will be suppressed 100% of the time.

How much you paid for the Lantac?

just ordered the Lantac. I have a bootleg as well but have seen them sell blems occasionally so will wait till I see them discounted again but for now will be able to compare the bootleg to the lantac after I get the build done. Mainly wanting it for the short 300 upper as it will be suppressed 100% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom