• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressed SBR BCG/Gas block?

How much you paid for the Lantac?
$185 including shipping and tax from Palmetto. Was on sale for $170. Usually they are in the $250 range vs the Bootleg is usually $200 and they sell blems every so often for $140-150. Primary Arms had the Bootleg on sale for $170 as well but I think that's gone (black friday/cyber monday deal).

Good deal.

$185 including shipping and tax from Palmetto. Was on sale for $170. Usually they are in the $250 range vs the Bootleg is usually $200 and they sell blems every so often for $140-150. Primary Arms had the Bootleg on sale for $170 as well but I think that's gone (black friday/cyber monday deal).

Bootleg carrier works great. Highly recommend. I can't tell a difference in any of the gas busting charging handles. However, Radian just ran a big sale so I will be using some more of their SD charging handles.

I haven't used the SA gas block because the blowing it out the side of the block didn't interest me. I'll probably try one.

I've had the Aero Adjustable gas block come out of adjustment and make a rifle choke. I ditched it.

The Seekins Select AGB with the throw lever is awesome for having a suppressed and unsuppressed setting, just make sure you red loctite or high temp permatex the adjustment lever screws. I lost one but it stayed at the correct adjustment point and kept working.

The bootleg BCG can be had for $200 or less. PM if you can't find one. I have a bootleg in a 10.5 with a radian SD with a yhm turbo t2 and it's a great combo.

They are disgustingly expensive now, but my LMT EBGS have done a great job at mitigating the gas.
yeah not sure i understand the pricing these days. I know it's better stuff but I think they are like $500 for the ebcg from them? I've got an MRP with their "standard" BCG and a 6.8 barrel with the ebolt but the prices they are asking for the setup now (and the QC issues they seem to be having) make me wonder about getting another rifle... but a shorty piston might be a good option (buy a 12.5" pistol piston and form1 it).

yeah not sure i understand the pricing these days. I know it's better stuff but I think they are like $500 for the ebcg from them? I've got an MRP with their "standard" BCG and a 6.8 barrel with the ebolt but the prices they are asking for the setup now (and the QC issues they seem to be having) make me wonder about getting another rifle... but a shorty piston might be a good option (buy a 12.5" pistol piston and form1 it).
The had the carrier for 150 this past weekend, and thats what vents all the gas.

After I first tried these, I started putting them in every build. Been running them for a few years now and not a single issue. Hands down worth it. Smoother than Rick James on coke dipped in baby oil, dancing on butter.

Gas buster charging handles mitigate the gas face issue. Not a fan of adjustable gas blocks. If you want to save $$, drill a small hole in existing charging handle, opposite the side you shoot. And add some gasket maker in the receiver gap. Makes a significant difference.

Back
Top Bottom