• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Suppressor for 300 WM

hseII

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
82   0
Reaction score
I'm considering jumping thru the hoops for a Suppressor for my 700 in 300 WM.

Which brand and why?

Is a trust the way to go?

Also, who's the better dealer the West Ga area?

hseII

... Others may disagree, but you may be pissing in the wind. 300wm is WAY supersonic, I can't see any benefit of suppressing it.

... Others may disagree, but you may be pissing in the wind. 300wm is WAY supersonic, I can't see any benefit of suppressing it.

IMO you still dont need ear muffs. Sure it cracks but the point of having a suppressor on a rifle that like is to keep the sound down at the shooter. Also its kinda hard to hear where its coming from.

IMO you still dont need ear muffs. Sure it cracks but the point of having a suppressor on a rifle that like is to keep the sound down at the shooter. Also its kinda hard to hear where its coming from.

This.

You don't need to go all secret squirrel super quiet subsonic only. I love shooting my full power .308 with a can, makes it hearing safe, 120~ db is still loud but at least I don't need muffs for a short session and its MUCH nicer for those around you.

Go for it man.

^^^^^^^That is the why-
Now if I could just get the what, where, and who (dealer in W GA) figured out, I'd be set like Opie Taylor

Do you want QD or is threaded ok?

I'm putting a Surefire SOCOM762 on my 300WM bolt gun and AR308. I wanted a QD can to handle both, and it was the best for it.

The YHM cans also handle 300WM. I hear good things about TBAC too. I have some Innovative Arms cans that just came in that are great too.

A can is DEFINITELY worth it on a supersonic bolt gun. It makes shooting without earmuffs pleasant. Calling hits on steel is way easier too.

Also, supersonic is supersonic. A sonic crack is the same sound whether you're shooting 1200fps or 5000fps.

Back
Top Bottom