• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suppressor Noob Questions

The wait is so long I figure just go ahead and do it all at once, may do an SBR as well and maybe I'll have the best Christmas ever! :D

Go to YouTube and watch silencercos and swrs videos for metering numbers on all the cans you mentioned.

You can always call silencerco for official statements on calibers rated, Andrew is on the phones most times and knows his stuff.

Also register on silencertalk, a lot of manufactures and loads of intelligence are on there.

Last edited:
Well muzzle pressure is the jest indicator, plus bore size to consider the volume of air at that pressure trying to move through The can at once. I just guess there is no such thing as a sub caliber for the most part.
So the highest rated muzzle pressure x volume or less?

Not to hi jack Mr. Soviet, But I have a question about this:
"Basically a can will work with anything its rated to and lesser calibers. Instead of the .556 can, a dedicated 22lr can would be better."...
Can you use a 22lr can on .556?

Cannot use .22 on 5.56. Most 22 cans are easy to disassemble for cleaning. 22s dirty up the can with gun powder and bullet lube. Center fire cans require no such cleaning.

I would take a look at the AAC cyclone as well for a 30, and below can. Built like a tank, and very quiet. The SS Sparrow is also another choice for a 22 can.

Back
Top Bottom