• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Swap Meet!

something like this would have to be "unofficial" and not forum sponsored because of the liability it would bring. I think OS has talked about it before.

It's a great idea and we would need to establish some rules, but i've always thought this would be a good idea

The police are at the shows because they are running a business that requires insurance, and insurance likes the police presence...and it makes the sheeple feel better

This. I love the idea but any event would have to be clear that it isn't officially associated with the site in any way, I'm sure you all understand that.

I do like the idea of an official one maybe next year for the 2nd anniversary meet-up or something. And that would give me plenty of time to check on all the legalities involved in doing something like this.

Just to reiterate what OS is saying - we need to beat this point like a dead horse! This is nothing more than some friends with a common interest getting together for some chat and perhaps some horse trading. This in NO was has anything to do with this web site, OS, or any type of santioned/sponsored event.

We should probably change the thread title then, or close this one and start another one.

No need. The posts that are here already give OS the needed legal protection.

If more is wanted all we need is a sign in sheet that states the same thing and OS and the site are completely clear.

Back
Top Bottom