SWISS K31 VALUE

prices will fluctuate up and down, even if your paid more then retail now the price will go higher eventually. military surplus is an interesting hobby partially because the supplies you buy can slowly stop being imported or some government runs out of old warehouses to liquidate

I paid 350 plus tax for a walnut stock. Like I said it looks like it's in real good shape

The way I look at the K31 is this: if you had to produce this gun today, how much would it cost? Try three or four times as much for the craftsmanship.

Triple what you paid or more.

And expect the accuracy to be any better than the average bolt gun. I've put rounds on paper at six hundred yards with mine with no training and iron sights only. Best milsurp trigger ever.

The way I look at the K31 is this: if you had to produce this gun today, how much would it cost? Try three or four times as much for the craftsmanship.

Triple what you paid or more.

And expect the accuracy to be any better than the average bolt gun. I've put rounds on paper at six hundred yards with mine with no training and iron sights only. Best milsurp trigger ever.

A gunsmith who teaches at a gunsmith school told me if they produced it today (such as a clone) it would cost in the ball park of 2500. Don't know how true that is but just looking at the craftsmanship and quality of the rifle even after all these years I'm inclined to believe him.

Your spot on about the trigger. It's better than quality guns of today in my opinion. I'm gonna shoot steel with it at 800 in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can find some surplus ammo!

Lucky gun story...

I was on business travel and picked up a 1941 K31 with matching numbers bayonet in Dallas years ago and fell in love with the gun.

So then I wanted one to bubba as a project and AIM had 'em with broken/repaired stocks for cheap a couple of years ago. Got one. Turns out it was the 288th one ever made. The repair is so small it's not worth mentioning. Shoots like a dream like the first one.

Guess I won't be bubba'ing a K31 any time soon.

You got a good deal for what you got. I bet you do great at your match. All you have to do is adjust the rear sight accordingly. Leaf sights can be tricky so be sure to practice ahead of time!

Back
Top Bottom