• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Switching from Glock to Wheelgun for church protection team

don't get me wrong, if a wheelgun is the only tool that can be used for the job use it, but for that job one needs to push themselves and train for proficiency, so if a better tool is available use the one that has a higher probability of success.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already....
Try not to buy a 38 caliber revolver. I know you don't want a 357 magnum, but buy one anyway and use 38 cal loads instead of the magnum loads. Gives you options.

I can shoot my S&W model 60 as well as anything on shots 1-5. Shots 5-? is where other guns really shine. If I had to draw and make a shot without thought I would feel pretty good drawing my snub and making a shot. I shoot them well instinctively and wouldn't feel handicapped at all.

That said if working security where I may have to stand and fight and flee is not an option capacity would be a plus. This could be achieved with a semi and reloads or multiple revolvers. Its obvious which would be lighter.

I just got back from the range ,

and today I got confirmation of my
"lack of accuracy" with my tiny Kel-Tec P3AT, at 25 yards, even though it has a laser sighting system.

Slow fire, 2-hand groups were the size of a garbage can lid or more --maybe 30 inches across.

With a Glock 17, the same number of shots fired the same way from the same distance came in with a group you could cover with your hand and extended fingers.

From past trips to the range I've confirmed that my little .380 is a good
"get off me!" gun --great for spitting distances. Good to hold a softball-sized group at 50 feet. But not further.

SO THEN, since I'm not interested in buying another small to medium sized handgun just for church carry,

and I don't want to carry my full sized
9 mm,

I think that I should carry that 3 inch barreled Smith & Wesson J frame revolver which holds very tight groups and can be thumb- cocked into single action mode for precision shooting, and there's also equipped with laser sighting.
I know that gun is capable of taking a headshot at 25 yards 75 feet.

258FF998-1A04-46F1-8F9A-035175C69410.jpeg
229A42DE-7551-482E-9040-A6D8AA4A97DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom