• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Switching from Glock to Wheelgun for church protection team

I recommend staying home or changing churches. If a church needs a "defense team". Pretty sure that's ****ed up.
My church started a parking lot patrol in the 1990s. Not sure that anybody was carrying, but several were only a few steps away from some serious firepower.

I’d mount short barreled suppressed benelli m4 under the pew in front of you then practice grabbing it quickly 1000 times. If not that then an hk sp5k suppressed or b&t spc integrally suppressed pcc in a briefcase would work great at that range. If it goes down while everyone is singing then you can probably drag the body out and no one would even know anything happened.

IMG_9111.jpeg
IMG_9110.jpeg

A tp9 would fit under a sport coat also and be really effective and quiet.

IMG_9112.jpeg

I forgot cowboy. It is impossible to take a revolver away from from someone who has disability in their primary hand to the point that they cannot rack a slide. Brilliant point.
Well, if they can absorb 5-6 rounds to center mass, and take away my empty gun, good on them.

I am still looking for a .38 snub to use as a backup and will have to test out some holsters to see what works best for middle of my back (other team members are using ankle holster but I'm not impressed by that and if you cross your legs you flash everyone with a glimpse of your pistol.

I like the ankle holster, especially for sitting. It is in a great position for drawing. It is also in a pretty good position for drawing if you did end up on the ground, in a scuffle, or if you simply tripped. Just don’t cross your legs while sitting! Lol

Good on you for being willing to step up and protect the flock. Hopefully you will never be forced to do so.

This is what I carry daily, super light, easy to rack and conceals very well. Some friends laugh because they still carry there 9's, 40's and 45's but as I have stated to them many times its not so much the caliber but the shot placement that counts.
I agree that there's nothing wrong with 380 with the right load and especially a double stack capacity. Although now you can get that same Shield EZ in 9mm. Only reason I would vote for that would be ammo cost. I was killing time in Academy yesterday and I saw more of what I already knew. If you're shooting anything aside from 9mm it's gonna cost twice as much.

When I first got divorced I dated someone who's parents were murdered in the Southerlin Springs church shooting in 2017 in Texas. She lived close enough to the church to hear the gunshots. Her Pa always carried a pistol but wouldn't take it to church. He was found covering his wife's body with his own.
That's a hard read right there.I can't hit the like button for obvious reasons but I get it.

I do not want to sound disrespectful but clearing a stove pipe in your primary hand is probably due to the weakness in your primary hand. A big component in carrying a gun in an environment where you are tasked with protecting unarmed people is retaining the firearm. Giving up a firearm to an unarmed or poorly armed attacker is the worst thing that could happen to you. Most attackers are going to be younger. How would you feel if an attacker took your weapon and killed people?
So is he just supposed to carry nothing and do nothing? If he can carry a 5 or 6 shot snub and shoot it well then what's wrong with that? Still beats pepper spray.

Maybe a couple of these alloy framed Charters. One is an ugly homemade hammerless and my favorite. Somebody mentioned an ankle rig for sitting in the pews. Seems about right for this setup. Cause the fastest reload is another gun

Attachments

• 16860909310151512793092980777848.jpg
    16860909310151512793092980777848.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 16860909519462086077791731315790.jpg
    16860909519462086077791731315790.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 5
Maybe a couple of these alloy framed Charters. One is an ugly homemade hammerless and my favorite. Somebody mentioned an ankle ride for sitting in the pews. Seems about right for this setup. Cause the fastest reload is another gun
I have a model 31 that I have practiced shooting left handed extensively. I've been known to carry a .38 in my right pocket and a .32 in my left when in dubious parts.

Back
Top Bottom