Swords for SHTF

Is a combat-ready sword an appropriate prep for a long-term SHTF?

• Total voters

antihero13

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
I have long been considering the possible need for a battle-ready sword, like those sold by Cold Steel or zombietoolsnet. Of course we all have knives, axes, machetes, and guns (duh), but what if ammo eventually runs out? The sword was king of the battle field until firearms became very effective and reliable. If we were to no longer have ammo, there we will be again. Have any of you guys invested in a well-made combat sword, or thought about doing so?

Calvary was king before gunpowder. They carried swords. And lances.

Oh, wait, weren't archers the king of battle in the old days?

Start raising horses...or carrying swords... or for the really heavy stuff...building trebuchets...

If it ever comes to that we'll be lucky to throw rocks at each other.

But swords are cool on their own. Still used today for ceremonial purposes. Exited the marriage ceremony through an arch of steel, from what I remember!

I voted yes, but I don't own a "high end" blade. Just an average SOG. Just one more tool, might have to be quiet or maybe cut a tree. Who knows?

I only have one sword at the moment. A "Highlander" Katana. I really can't see investing in a true "high end" sword but I would like to have a Cold Steel Warrior Katana.

www.sword_buyers_guide.com_images_Zombie_sword.jpg

I have a usable Katana (folded and made for fighting) although it's not for SHTF. I can't see needing it... now, my machetes, that's a different story :)

Back
Top Bottom