Swords for SHTF

Is a combat-ready sword an appropriate prep for a long-term SHTF?

• Total voters
I put high end as well...but it's not really. It's a plain but very sharp folder steel katana that has destroyed watermelons. Would I take during a SHTF scenario? Nah. Too bulky for skinny little me. If any large blade, I'd carry a decent machete for use more than fighting

I just recently got a Cold Steel gladius machete that I plan on using on the zombie for close up battle. It has an excellent balanced feel to it. Only thing i had to do was put a sharp edge on it. It was okay from the factory but i like to sharpen knives and axes so no big deal.

I just recently got a Cold Steel gladius machete that I plan on using on the zombie for close up battle. It has an excellent balanced feel to it. Only thing i had to do was put a sharp edge on it. It was okay from the factory but i like to sharpen knives and axes so no big deal.

So the Cold Steel Gladius machete is sweet? To hold me over to affording a $400+ sword, I picked up a Cold Steel Barong and Cold Steel Latin 24" machetes. They are sick, especially when you make them paper-cutting sharp, but God knows a Cold Steel Blutcher Sabre, or Katana would go right through my machete and my face with one strong strike. I understand that the likelihood of encountering someone who has a good sword when I only have a machete is slim to none, but I'd rather be the dude with the good sword.

Yep, have a few high end ones, and a few mid grade, but highly usable ones. They would for sure go with me if something went down, they can't jam or run out of ammo.

And just so you guys know the coldsteel swords although well made are 99% marketing hype. You can get a much better sword for much less. And if you want to spend those amounts you can get some awesome real handmade swords.

Last edited:
And just so you guys know the coldsteel swords although well made are 99% marketing hype. You can get a much better sword for much less. And if you want to spend those amounts you can get some awesome real handmade swords.

LINK BRO!!!

lol

I've been looking at some on Amazon in the $50 range that have received feedback from people saying that they are good "combat ready" swords and that they have used them on small tree branches. Hmmm... That's probably good enough. I rekkin if I get in a tight with zombies a decent katana would git-r-done but if I get into a ninja fight I'm dead even with a light sabre. ;)

Back
Top Bottom