• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tactical Shotguns which way is the best way to go Please Help

I have both a 590A1 and an 870... I like them both and trust my life on them. However there's something special about a nice Rem 870!

To be flat out honest I would check out Forsyth County Pawn or Cherokee Gun and Pawn or the gun shop on 53 just off 400 toward Dawsonville (they just changed name and I can not recall it tho I was there yesterday). Would not surprise me to find a used Remington 870 express there for $200 or a Mossberg for a bit less. I didn't check the prices on those yesterday as I already have one and the wife don't care to purchase another. Those shops are all apparently owned by the same people. They had tons of firearms and ammo in the Dawsonville shop.

I brought my Mossberg 500 from 400 pawn and loan before they moved. It was used but only paid like $200-$220 for it. Brought a Knox SpecOps stock on here and I'm looking to get a foregrip with flashlight built it for it.

IIRC the only other shotgun thats "like a Mossberg" is the Maverick 88. Same parts and everything, just little differences like no swivel studs and a cross bolt safety like the Remington.

I brought my Mossberg 500 from 400 pawn and loan before they moved. It was used but only paid like $200-$220 for it. Brought a Knox SpecOps stock on here and I'm looking to get a foregrip with flashlight built it for it.

IIRC the only other shotgun thats "like a Mossberg" is the Maverick 88. Same parts and everything, just little differences like no swivel studs and a cross bolt safety like the Remington.

Yes thats what I was thinking

I think I got extremely lucky. I found an 870 express on another forum for 180. It has some wear but it runs fine. Finish on the stock is messed up I think it was done with lighter fluid or bug juice. (my son don't seem to mind tho..) Anyhow it wasn't that long ago I was in 400 J&L and I notice they was having a sale on used firearms.. so I check out some 870s.. he hands me a dandy lookin 870 but the price was $250...I said nice but I was hopin for a better price.. so he hands me another one and says that one will be $200 on the sale price... the thing looked like it aint had more than a box run thru it if that. Not long after that I am walking thru there and spot some barrels in a bucket. There is a 20" rifle sighted cylinder bore for $100.

I picked up a couple of mag tube extensions and a choke tube or two and a pistol grip stock and forend. (I grabbed the pistol grip just cause my son wanted to try it out, surprisingly my wife likes to play with that with some mini shells so it sits in the closet decked out with pistol grip and fore end and the mag tube extension as my HD shotgun) The sons 870 has a longer barrel I think it is 26" he has the longest mag tube extension he could fit on it with a side saddle and a stock cuff.

i302.photobucket.com_albums_nn112_tv_racin_fan_P1000148.jpg

i302.photobucket.com_albums_nn112_tv_racin_fan_P1000145.jpg

Ive got one of the cheap tactical stephens shotguns from acadamy and their alright but cant beat a 11-87 with extension tube and tactical stock. Sends the shells out in a hurry and never jams. Great hog gun also. Alot of flying buckshot.

The 870's are nice, I agree, but I also like the Winchester Speed Pumps. I think they are a little smoother, but usually the furniture is not as nice as the Remington. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom