• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Tactical Shotguns which way is the best way to go Please Help

If I were you, I'd look for a used 870 or 1100/1187. I use my 1100 as my HD. Got a barrel from a guy here on the ODT for a great price and chopped it to 19in. Mounted an insanely bright light on it with pressure switch. I can dove hunt with the other barrel, and guard the hacienda with the other...lol

Total agreement here! Plus, you can add the Traclok ghost ring sight (Scattergun Tech) to the 1187, and 870. Aftermarket accessories are also readily available.

So not yet tired of it yet? Those are really decent self feeders. I'll have one by the first of next year. I almost had one prior but someone beat me to it.....

She's still protecting the innocent. :D

Attachments

• Mossberg1.jpg
    Mossberg1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 35
I have both a 590A1 and an 870... I like them both and trust my life on them. However there's something special about a nice Rem 870!
Me too, but I like the 590 allot more than the 870, it has much less recoil and feels lighter thought they both hold 9 rounds.

Last edited:
I got a decent deal on a somewhat rusty 870... cleaned 'er up and duracoated it flat black then added a Knoxx Comp Stock (which BTW I didn't notice a huge reduction in recoil from the stock). Overall not bad.

Then I happened into a Mossberg 590 Mariner- nice pump gun. Overall, I like it with stock parts better than the 870. But it's still a close decision.

Still don't have a semi-auto. Although I really like the way that SPX looks!

Back
Top Bottom