• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me into a Dillon 650

The one selling point that hasn't been mentioned is the resell value of the 650XL. Not that many come on the market and they are only sold new at full retail but with the lifetime, no questions asked warranty these things bring very close to current retail when you finally move out of reloading and your children sell it. My 650XL is one of the very early ones from the early '90's. The original 9mm case feed guide just wore out after probably a 100k rounds. One call, and a new one arrived about 3 day later . . . no questions . . . no charge.

We are a tattooed "BIG BLUE DILLON THROUGH AND THROUGH FAN" we started off with the 550B, great machine, however graduated to the XL650, four machines now, 223, 9mm, 45, and the last one for Magnum Calibers, we like the reliability, the NO BS WARRANTY, the DILLON people always ready to help.

We have used DILLON'S TRIMMER, it"s ok however the GIRAUD TRIMMER THE BIG BOY, is the CAT'S PJ'S, the most 3-in -1 trims, beveled
on the inside, and cleans the brass up on the outside so there are burrs on the inside and outside, and trims the brass all at the same time.

If you are gonna go first class you gotta pay the piper one time, you cry once, however you have then bought the top of the line.
The others may be CHEAPER $$$, however you can't have quality and diversity in the same product.

GO BIG BLUE, and you aren't going to be wishing you purchased another brand.

The "BIG BLUE DILLON MACHINES" can use your favorite dies, we use the RCBS GOLD METAL DIES, when available, when not available use the RCBS other premium dies.

BIG BLUE DILLON, get and never look in the rear view mirror again...

BUY IT and you have the press that others just try to measure up to and miss it every time...

1490435398530.jpg
'nuff said.

I used to use a MEC 650 for shotgun shells and found it very therapuetic. We also had a RCBS Rock Chucker single stage but I didn't enjoy that as much. But now looking at the 550 that seems to be something I would enjoy. I'm not looking for custom hot-shot loaded rounds. Just some 45 and 9mm to plink with. Maybe some 223 as well. I know your first one shouldn't be a progressive like that, but I think with my limited background my learning curve wouldn't be as steep so this might be the way to go??

I used to use a MEC 650 for shotgun shells and found it very therapuetic. We also had a RCBS Rock Chucker single stage but I didn't enjoy that as much. But now looking at the 550 that seems to be something I would enjoy. I'm not looking for custom hot-shot loaded rounds. Just some 45 and 9mm to plink with. Maybe some 223 as well. I know your first one shouldn't be a progressive like that, but I think with my limited background my learning curve wouldn't be as steep so this might be the way to go??
My first and only press so far is a 650. That being said, im pretty well mechanically inclined, and i have done a ton of research on reloading and the operation of this press. I had no issues getting it up and running.

That being said, im looking to get a single stage for doing small batches of some random calibers that i shoot.

The Dillons have aftermarket support that no other press has. Not to mention the warranty. I would like to get a 550 but have about 50 million other things I want too.

For the record I bought a gently used hornady Projector at a yard sale for 50 bucks. No parts for it but Hornady will send you a new lnl ap for 200 bucks. $400 press for 250. Works well for the 1-200 rds I do. The detents don't always align 100% but I suspect that is new machine issues. Worst case scenario is and complete round without the primer but I've learned the feel of it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom