Talk me into or out of 300blk...

That shouldn't be happening.with a proper upper, while it is a great suppressed round it ought to cycle both. I never suppressd mine and it ran both but it was a pistol length gas setup. I'd yours is nor cycling both I'd call the manufacturer. Remington subs are just fine, Hell Remington and AAC are owned by the same people.

Wonder if the carbine length gas system made a difference. With the can on, cycles just fine, without it FTE every time.

Upon further investigation and some info from rslivers(AAC employee and silencertalk supermod)
The real issue is the correct gas port size. AAC won't reveal theirs as it is proprietary info others companies are still working theirs out.

If you don't want to drill your gas port out, some people have used a flaming pig to increase back pressure.

I recommend Core15 barrels, they worked for me with both loads.

300blk. Meh,
For guys like you and me yea, once we go subsonic ballistics go by the wayside and its all about getting heavier and 230g 45acp cost way less than 220g-240g 300blk. While the super sonic ballistics are impressive the main gains in the round are versatility and suppression.

for military/leo its great
get 9mm suppressed noise from your AR rifle with much better ballistics, penetration. simple mag switch and you have a great variety of some serious penetrating, expanding rounds.

again for us guys with cans $1 per quiet shot ripping through paper is an expensive way to get your jollies. Now for home defense it would be nice to have the first round or two as subs, followed up by full house hollowpoints, save your ears at first then save your as if he's really dead set on staying in your home.

for hunting I would take 300blk over the 5.56, but definitely not over 6.8 SPC.

300blk is reaching out to quite some distances accurately despite the naysayers.

IMO its the best 30cal round for an AR, it outshines the 7.62x39, and it is very versatile without the need for new parts other than a barrel, but for most of us it's not worth the ammo costs currently unless we are really dying for a subsonic AR. It's awesome to have rocking ballistics and penetration, but if your not hunting animals or people with it, its a plinker. And hunting is essentially only done with supersonics which are nicer suppressed, but then you might as well get the best round, 6.8, and can it.

7.62X39 is cheap and abundant.
Ballistics?

i221.photobucket.com_albums_dd136_jblomenberg16_300BLKComparison_2.png

7.62X39 is cheaper and more abundant.
10 years from now when 300 blk. basically becomes like .45 GAP 7.62X39 will still be cheap and abundant.
Questions?

The only problem with it is cost (vs. 762x39). Out of an AR-15, the round seems to be superior in every other way.

Hopefully more people will get into it thus causing more mfg's to make ammo and driving down price.

Back
Top Bottom