• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talk me out of a Shield .45

Maybe I can talk you out of it and maybe not, but I would take a look at the XD45 mod 2 sub compact. Very accurate and reliable, good capacity, very concealable, minimum recoil, decent trigger, sights, fantastic grips, etc. And they are fairly priced. At least take a look at one. You owe it to yourself, big guy.

^ +1....IMO, there is no better .45 carry option. "Feel" surpassed only by my CZ Rami or PCR D. Good stock trigger, very accurate, good capacity, good price. Recoil is no big deal. There's one for sale in the NE section for $400, unless it got sold in the last week. You really need to check out the Mod 2 .45.

^ +1....IMO, there is no better .45 carry option. "Feel" surpassed only by my CZ Rami or PCR D. Good stock trigger, very accurate, good capacity, good price. Recoil is no big deal. There's one for sale in the NE section for $400, unless it got sold in the last week. You really need to check out the Mod 2 .45.

I haven't been excited about a carry gun in a long while, but the mod 2 .45 is like the gun I've always waited for. I will carry it for a few years. I have no doubt about it.

I have one and I love it. The trigger is crisp. It's for personal protection not a range shooter as are most other subcompacts. I ran 230 grain ball ammo through it and it wasn't too snappy. Nice groups at 20-30 feet.
It conceals as easily as anything else. I have the non safety model.
I would recommend at least firing one before you commit though.
Good luck and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom