• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus 692 question

212Josh

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
I recently picked up one of these on a trade. I have a few other Taurus revolvers but this one has interchangeable cylinders. The screw that would normally hold the spring and detent for the yoke had nothing under it. Is this correct? Any help would be appreciated and thanks.

Do you mean the front cover screw that holds the yoke in? The 692 should have a push button release to remove the yoke and cylinder. I guess I am not sure what you are referring to. Got any pictures?

Yes the front plate screw. It’s larger and hollowed out like it should hold a spring and detent. Yes you are correct about the about the push button to change cylinders. It does appear that a spring combo would not engage the yoke but seems odd to still have the hollowed out front plate screw and no detent and spring.

I believe he’s talking about the forward-most sideplate screw. On many revolvers, it has a spring and detent in it that engages the groove in the crange yoke to retain it in the gun, but allow it to rotate.

In a S&W it’s called a yoke retention screw.

IMG_0699.jpeg

I believe he’s talking about the forward-most sideplate screw. On many revolvers, it has a spring and detent in it that engages the groove in the crange yoke to retain it in the gun, but allow it to rotate.

In a S&W it’s called a yoke retention screw.

View attachment 5717031
That is what I figured but in this particular revolver it does not use that screw to retain the yoke. The yoke is much shorter and used a spring loaded pin to hold it so it can be quickly changed to the other caliber.

Th
That is what I figured but in this particular revolver it does not use that screw to retain the yoke. The yoke is much shorter and used a spring loaded pin to hold it so it can be quickly changed to the other caliber.
This is where I’m at this point. It doesn’t need the spring/detent. I guess I was just hung up on forward most screw that holds the side plate is hollow, like something is missing. Thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom