• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus Must Be Going Out Of Business

Plinker66

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Warn your children about the Fentanyl
409   0
Reaction score
D88FA307-902F-49A8-B6AC-29136A614708.jpeg
Heads up/ Taurus received my pistol for warranty repairs last Wednesday. My pistol is still not showing up in their online repair status database.

No one at Taurus will even pick up the phone, or reply to my email inquiries.

If Taurus isn’t answering the phone they must be going out of business.

Let me tell you a little story about S&W. Years ago I had trouble with a Model 39-2 extracting a spent cartridge. I contacted them, sent it to them for repair. Three weeks later they sent a letter stating that they could not repair it and was sending it back to me.
Upon it's return to me, I was telling a friend of mine about this issue and he says " Let me take a look at it." He had taken a home study course on gunsmithing and I thought " What have I got to lose?"
Three days later he called me to tell me it was repaired. Dirt/grime/ crap under the backside of the extractor.
So, SMITH & WESSON couldn't repair something like this, but a guy that took a home study course in Gunsmithing can figure it out????
Tell ME about S&W...
Personally, I'll take a Taurus any day!!!

Let me tell you a little story about S&W. Years ago I had trouble with a Model 39-2 extracting a spent cartridge. I contacted them, sent it to them for repair. Three weeks later they sent a letter stating that they could not repair it and was sending it back to me.
Upon it's return to me, I was telling a friend of mine about this issue and he says " Let me take a look at it." He had taken a home study course on gunsmithing and I thought " What have I got to lose?"
Three days later he called me to tell me it was repaired. Dirt/grime/ crap under the backside of the extractor.
So, SMITH & WESSON couldn't repair something like this, but a guy that took a home study course in Gunsmithing can figure it out????
Tell ME about S&W...
Truly sad on S&W's part, but, you didn't think to clean it?

Tell ME about S&W...
I’d be mad at a company too if they wouldn’t clean my dirty gun for me when I ran it to failure. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom