• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus PT 1911 Opinions ?

I have two Taurus 1911 in 9mm

I can take them to the range and at 10 yards can get some really tight groups with no problems.,
I will be keeping these 2 even if i have to sell all my others. (ain't happening)

i like taurus. have had many, but not a pt1911. currently have a RIA tac model. i had a american classic II that i had to sell. it was a great shooter. i loved it, even more than my RIA. i looked everywhere within 2 hours ove me for another ACII before buying the RIA, but no one had them in stock and couldnt even order them. the first time i bought one they where everywhere and when i sold it, it was a tough sell because no one seemed to want it. now you cant find them anywhere it seems. it seems as though they have picked up quite a following. and its well deserved.

between the 3 choices listed, id go with the ACII or even the AC trophy as it is right at the same price base as most pt1911s.

I had a PT1911 for a while. Sold it because it wasn't getting the range or carry time that it deserved. But that's not to say it wasn't a great gun. It was reliable and accurate. Very smooth, good trigger, etc. Matched up very favorably against a buddy's Springfield. Only problem was after shooting and carrying SIGs for so many years, I couldn't get used to the 1911.

Back
Top Bottom