• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

TAURUS SPECTRUM

BDR1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
184   0
Reaction score
I know someone who is thinking of getting his wife one of these.. if I remember right wasnt these horrible guns when they 1st came out? Has Taurus fixed all the issues they originally had? Or are they still not worth having?

Not familiar with that model. But I’ve had many Taurus products that worked fine.
Wouldnt run one hard as in training hard and repeatedly with it. But for a purse/nightstand gun it will function. There are enough people killed everyday with the cheaper guns.

Curious how many people have actually worn out any gun, much less a “good” one?

Not familiar with that model. But I’ve had many Taurus products that worked fine.
Wouldnt run one hard as in training hard and repeatedly with it. But for a purse/nightstand gun it will function. There are enough people killed everyday with the cheaper guns.

Curious how many people have actually worn out any gun, much less a “good” one?
The early days of youtube had a few good examples with torture tests before eveyone decided to become a youtube millionaire celebrity

I know someone who is thinking of getting his wife one of these.. if I remember right wasnt these horrible guns when they 1st came out? Has Taurus fixed all the issues they originally had? Or are they still not worth having?
I would get her a ruger lcp380 . had two spectrums. one was sent back to the factory and was out of spec according to them and I was sent a G3C as a free replacement. the other I traded off to a person who carries it in his yard with no plan to ever shoot it. A good plan for a Spectrum.

Think most reviewers criticized the trigger action.
I opted for the Spectrum's predecessor (sp?) the
PT 738 TCP since this one had the WINGS on
rear of slide which provide a two finger T pull
to rack the slide then fold flat. TCP has long but
smooth trigger which receives better marks than
Spectrum's. Very thin & light so not pleasant to
shoot but serves well if concealment and ease
of carry are most desired attributes.

Back
Top Bottom