Tax on Boat question....

This is correct. The county valuations are usually the highest they can make them. They almost consider everything as brand new, in perfect condition.

I have owned a used (albeit new to me) 2001 year model 33’ Chris Craft cruiser that I keep at a marina in Bartow county, although we live in Cobb county, and the darned thing has somehow held 100% of it’s value over the past eight years- explain that to me- I told the tax commissioner that I wish that I could sell it for what they have it valued for !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have owned a used (albeit new to me) 2001 year model 33’ Chris Craft cruiser that I keep at a marina in Bartow county, although we live in Cobb county, and the darned thing has somehow held 100% of it’s value over the past eight years- explain that to me- I told the tax commissioner that I wish that I could sell it for what they have it valued for !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And they will continue to charge more than they should until you call them on the value. You are paying the Bartow tax and not Cobb, correct?

I owned an aircraft in Thomas County. Those leeches realized that they weren't collecting personal property taxes on aircraft, so I got a bill for the last 3 years of taxes. On top of that, they valued it at nearly 40k more than what it was worth. I nearly got locked up when I went down there.

Trust me you can't get around this and you won't beat it. No matter what you put as the value on the form that you have to send in they still go by book value.

Back
Top Bottom