• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went thru the same thing. Had to hire an attorney, did not cost much. They are doing their job being overly cautious handing these things out. I have to deal with this at every renewal as well.

The document that you provided is not an official GCIC document. That is the form the clerk used. There has been some good advice here, but the first thing you need is to see your GCIC (criminal history). It may be that the clerk pulled the wrong person completely. It may also show, as someone mentioned, that some asshole used your name and DOB or SSN. If so, that is fairly easy to fix. Either way, you need to see that GCIC so that you know exactly what you are dealing with. Gwinnett should be able to show you the one that you paid for with your CCW application. If not, you can get them at the Sheriffs Dept.

they said I need something stating the charge never happened.

Who is "they"?

The probate judge issues GWL. You should be able to make an appointment with the probate judge to discuss the situation. If you hire a lawyer, that's what he is going to do, except he probably can do it with a phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom