• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The BEER thread...

I love IPA's and really wanted to try the 120. Well! I was at a pub in Connecticut and they had it on tap. Couldn't have been more disappointed in a beer! It didn't taste like beer, more like a liqueur. There was something in it that really had an unpleasant taste that I tasted in my nose, if that makes sense?
Stick with the 60, that is good IPA.

You're probably right lol. At almost 40 proof, I'm expecting it to not taste that good!

I'm using your marinade tonight for our pork chops. That is probably my favorite of all time. I started adding a little ginger to it. I also reduce it and make a sauce for the chops.

Man, that's awesome, I was actually gonna ask you if you still make it but I didn't want to hound you about it lol! The ginger gives it a another level of zing...I just never remember to get some. Can you believe I haven't made any this year??? I want to try them on wings like you made!!!

I love IPA's and really wanted to try the 120. Well! I was at a pub in Connecticut and they had it on tap. Couldn't have been more disappointed in a beer! It didn't taste like beer, more like a liqueur. There was something in it that really had an unpleasant taste that I tasted in my nose, if that makes sense?
Stick with the 60, that is good IPA.
Yes...the 60 and 90 are great. I would like to try the 120 but I'm sure it's pretty boozy like you say.

Man, that's awesome, I was actually gonna ask you if you still make it but I didn't want to hound you about it lol! The ginger gives it a another level of zing...I just never remember to get some. Can you believe I haven't made any this year??? I want to try them on wings like you made!!!

I found a jar of dried, crystallized ginger that I keep in the fridge, it's pretty good stuff. When I make it, I put a pinch in and it does give the marinade a little extra zing.

upload_2017-10-8_16-56-33.png

Back
Top Bottom