• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The BEER thread...

A local brew, Wild Heaven Eschaton, Belgian style Quadruple. Damn good stuff.

Attachments

• 0804172011.jpg
    0804172011.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6

I really like a good IPA, Terapin being one of my favorites. But, I ain't gonna lie, hanging out working around the house pounding beers, I buy PBR longnecks. I'm pretty frugal, so $8.99 to recycle hops and water is right in my wheelhouse!

You haven't lived if you never had a Mickeys Big Mouth. They are screw top now but used to be a pull tab on a bottle! Great little beers back in the day!
View attachment 1345994
Haven't had one since the late 80s when I lived in Broward County FL. That's when I got into the Spanish beers and Red Stripe. I was hanging out at this bar in Pompano Beach when I was not quite 18 and taking full advantage of the Reggae Night Red Stripe specials.
Until I moved down there in 88 my favorite beers were Heineken and Lowenbrau Special Dark. But those Spanish beers like Sol ( still my favorite) ruined my palate for the thick German type beers. I've tried to drink a Heineken once or twice in the last few years but I can't get past the skunky smell as soon as you open the bottle.
And from what I can tell Lowenbrau doesn't exist anymore. That's a shame because when you're 17 and drinking underage a green bottle beer with fancy foil over the cap makes you really feel uptown and classy.

Haven't had one since the late 80s when I lived in Broward County FL. That's when I got into the Spanish beers and Red Stripe. I was hanging out at this bar in Pompano Beach when I was not quite 18 and taking full advantage of the Reggae Night Red Stripe specials.
Until I moved down there in 88 my favorite beers were Heineken and Lowenbrau Special Dark. But those Spanish beers like Sol ( still my favorite) ruined my palate for the thick German type beers. I've tried to drink a Heineken once or twice in the last few years but I can't get past the skunky smell as soon as you open the bottle.
And from what I can tell Lowenbrau doesn't exist anymore. That's a shame because when you're 17 and drinking underage a green bottle beer with fancy foil over the cap makes you really feel uptown and classy.

Back
Top Bottom