• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The BEER thread...

Alright, lets talk Coors. Anybody get a taste before they started distributing it nationwide. Not the same. I studied up on it. It did not used to be pasteurized and kept refrigerated. What I got had been bootlegged here by a truck driver. It had a crisp kinda sweet taste. Nothing like it is now.

Alright, lets talk Coors. Anybody get a taste before they started distributing it nationwide. Not the same. I studied up on it. It did not used to be pasteurized and kept refrigerated. What I got had been bootlegged here by a truck driver. It had a crisp kinda sweet taste. Nothing like it is now.
When we first started getting plain old Coors in middle GA back about 85 it was one of my favorites. But somehow it's been ruined. For a long time I thought that was a regional thing too. See the story I got from one beer vendor way back when was e Coors keeps it cold ALL the time from the brewery and on it's way to other states. The hitch in that plan was that the distributor in Macon would leave it on the loading dock and in an unrefrigerated warehouse . That was enough to ruin it. Hell I know one guy that loves the strong IPA beers but will puke after not even half a regular Coors.

Any idea when they changed?

Anybody remember the Carling Black Label brewery in Hapeville? That and PBR got me thru puberty. Not bad, and I don't think PBR and definitely not Miller are the quality they once were. I was in Portland Oregon bout 20 yrs ago and saw some Carling. It was cheap. I mean bottled water cost more. I bought a 12pk. Drank 1, tried 2, poured the rest out. Terrible.....and I have had my share of nasty beer. Why? Who da F buys that stuff more than once?

IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG
IMG_1759.JPG
IMG_1778.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
Some excellent ales.

It was the plot for Smokey and the Bandit. I was getting it in 1975-77. Prolly not long after. I was anxious to be able to buy it here. What a let down . Coors had a small distribution area and nowhere east of the Mississippi

That's some cool trivia! I never knew that.

Back
Top Bottom