• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the caracal-wtf happenned to them?

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
so, years back there was a striker fired gun called the caracal that was all the rage. i remember myself not being impressed but not hating it. i thought "ohh look, a more foreign glock"

i havent seen any press or even of these for sale in years. maybe the canik is to blame? anyone have some insight on what happenned to these

Yes.
They had a massive recall on the Caracal C model. They did it right. Recalled every C in an abundance of safety.

Then they went quiet for a while, but they are back and in fact have expanded their product line to include rifles as well.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

I still have 5 of them. 2 of the "F" models, and 2 of the "C" models. These sets have consecutive serial numbers that were bought by my dad and I. They were never sent back for the recall and have never been out of the boxes they came in.

I keep thinking one day they "might" be worth something.

The 5th one is a "F" model that was sent back and I use it all the time around the house. Never had a problem with it.

Jerry

Apparently still going
" the first pistols made in the United Arab Emirates and is the primary service issued pistol used by the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces"

so, years back there was a striker fired gun called the caracal that was all the rage. i remember myself not being impressed but not hating it. i thought "ohh look, a more foreign glock"

i havent seen any press or even of these for sale in years. maybe the canik is to blame? anyone have some insight on what happenned to these
I was impressed. Loved that gun. Sent it in for a recall/fix and so pissed I gotta back a check instead.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I was impressed. Loved that gun. Sent it in for a recall/fix and so pissed I gotta back a check instead.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
^^^^ Same. Sent in for the recall repair and after weeks of waiting I called to get an update and was told they were not going to attempt to fix them, but instead they were going to issue a refund. It was not an option to have the pistol returned.

Still have my original C model. I used it at a MAG40 (Massad Ayoob) class out in Utah and didn;t see the recall until I got back home a week later.

They do have a new F model available, but I was holding onto mine until a new C version came out. Don't know if that will ever happen though.

They were pretty decent little guns though, and the price was right on them. I want to say my C was under $300 new, although that could be wrong. I just remember they were cheaper than the Glock 19 I brought as a backup gun.

Still have my original C model. I used it at a MAG40 (Massad Ayoob) class out in Utah and didn;t see the recall until I got back home a week later.

They do have a new F model available, but I was holding onto mine until a new C version came out. Don't know if that will ever happen though.

They were pretty decent little guns though, and the price was right on them. I want to say my C was under $300 new, although that could be wrong. I just remember they were cheaper than the Glock 19 I brought as a backup gun.
I had the F model and paid $399 in 2014. If I recall (no pun intended), Caracal refunded me full MSRP so I actually made money off of them. They did not require me to provide proof of what I paid.

Back
Top Bottom