• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Civil War

One might say that the "Civil War" did nothing but set the stage for "Civil War 2", since nothing but slavery was fixed. I am of the thought that while African slaves were rightfully freed (at least on paper) that everbody became a slave to the Feds.

Ponder on this.

If slavery was "fixed" as a result of the "Civil War", why did Northerners own slaves for several years after the war?
If the war was actually fought over slavery, then the South must have been fighting the North, so the North would have to free their slaves.
The South lost and the North maintained their slaves for several more years, yet half way through the war Lincoln freed the Southern slaves.

You ask,;How did the slaves become free before the war was over, if the war was about slavery, and why did the fighting continue long after the slaves were free, if the fighting was all about slavery?

Here is some Federal Department of Education rationalization.

The North attacked the South to free the Southern slaves who were being mistreated, bla, bla, bla.
Why not free the Northern slaves first since the Northern plantations owned more slaves than the Southern plantations?

Maybe because the Northern slaves got to sit on the porch sipping lemonade and playing checkers, so there was no need to free them, because they didn't have to work, kinda like the modern day entitlement receiver. LOL

Due to the Slaves in the South being freed half way through the war.
Why did the South keep fighting?
Could it have been because the North kept attacking the South?
Was it still about slavery?

The Northern slaves owners continued to own slaves several years after the war.
So did the end of the "Civil War" actually abolish slavery?

The Federal Governments recollection of the "Civil War" is just about as clear as "Sandy Hook" and the "Fast and Furious" fiascoes.

Come now folks, don't drink the Kool-ade.

I try to avoid the Federal Government and any of it's affiliates.
There is more truth in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy, than anything the US Government is involved in.

Great book, started reading it over the weekend. Especially exposing the stuff about the Republicans, that I am sure many would deny.
Glad you liked it. I lucked upon it at a garage sale for 50 cents. Then I bought a bunch of the others in the series. Good stuff.

1) It was not the War of Northern Aggression, who fired the first shot? You pick on someone bigger than you are, you get what you deserve
2) There are more than one or two causes and reason for the war, it wasn't just slavery and union.
3) Having lived in Richmond, VA I was impressed by all the statues to Southern leaders. I guess you had to display the second place trophies somewhere ;-)

Say what you will but really nobody won that war. Over 100,000 more northerners died so did we really get 2nd place? I have always called it the war of federal sovereignty. Slavery was forced on the south first by the British and then by the Yankees. The issue of slavery was never even mentioned by Lincoln until 1863, two years into the war. The north was getting their asses kicked and the northern people wanted the war to end so Lincoln appealed to slavery as a smokescreen to keep the momentum going for his big government agenda. We can debate all day but the facts still remain. Over 100,000 more Yankees died. Perhaps those 2nd place trophies are in the wrong part of the country.

"War for what" by Francis Springer is one of the most eye opening pieces ever written about the war of federal sovereignty.

Say what you will but really nobody won that war. Over 100,000 more northerners died so did we really get 2nd place? I have always called it the war of federal sovereignty. Slavery was forced on the south first by the British and then by the Yankees. The issue of slavery was never even mentioned by Lincoln until 1863, two years into the war. The north was getting their asses kicked and the northern people wanted the war to end so Lincoln appealed to slavery as a smokescreen to keep the momentum going for his big government agenda. We can debate all day but the facts still remain. Over 100,000 more Yankees died. Perhaps those 2nd place trophies are in the wrong part of the country.

Isn't it safe to say that the winner was the federal government and the loser were the States, and the people that make up those States?

Isn't it safe to say that the winner was the federal government and the loser were the States, and the people that make up those States?

Sounds about right. The people certainly did not win. As for the blacks, who do you think had it worse than anyone else after the war was over? For the next 100+ years...

Yep. The 14th amendment created the Federal Citizen. IMO this just made everybody a slave.

Agreed, we are NOT free men, we are serfs/slaves, or whatever name you want to refer to us by. I am sure all the government lovers will be coming out now to tell us how we are free, yet they refuse to acknowledge that every decision we make is limited to what the government allows us to do. Failure to comply will result in your home and family being hit by a SWAT team, which is basically what Lincoln did to the people of the free States in the South.

Agreed, we are NOT free men, we are serfs/slaves, or whatever name you want to refer to us by. I am sure all the government lovers will be coming out now to tell us how we are free, yet they refuse to acknowledge that every decision we make is limited to what the government allows us to do. Failure to comply will result in your home and family being hit by a SWAT team, which is basically what Lincoln did to the people of the free States in the South.
I can't disagree with any of this.

Back
Top Bottom