• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The Civil War

For those of you who don't think that the war was about slavery, you may want to read this: (it is the Declaration of Causes of Seceding States; GA, TX, SC and MS)

http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/reasons.html

Every single one on them make mention of Slavery as being the chief reason for secession. Yes, it was also about a States ability to govern itself, but the single most important point to those States that seceded was the ability to make its own decisions regarding "African slavery". The Southern states knew that without slavery, they would not be able to compete in the growing global market that was in the process of developing and that if they lost their ability to compete their economies would collapse, just as they did during the post-war decades. It wasn't really until WWII that the Southern states started to turn themselves around mainly due to the textile and war manufacturing.

So, to say that the Federalist War was not about Slavery is being disingenuous.

For those of you who don't think that the war was about slavery, you may want to read this: (it is the Declaration of Causes of Seceding States; GA, TX, SC and MS)

Every single one on them make mention of Slavery as being the chief reason for secession. Yes, it was also about a States ability to govern itself, but the single most important point to those States that seceded was the ability to make its own decisions regarding "African slavery". The Southern states knew that without slavery, they would not be able to compete in the growing global market that was in the process of developing and that if they lost their ability to compete their economies would collapse, just as they did during the post-war decades. It wasn't really until WWII that the Southern states started to turn themselves around mainly due to the textile and war manufacturing.

You should really read more than one source, which doesn't even deal with the background. Plus, the war was not about slavery, the South did NOT start a war. They legally dissolved the relationship in the Union. Lincoln is the one who sent forces to bring them back, well, Lincoln never even acknowledged their secession.

Looks to me like you just summed it up:
States Rights.

You should really read more than one source, which doesn't even deal with the background. Plus, the war was not about slavery, the South did NOT start a war. They legally dissolved the relationship in the Union. Lincoln is the one who sent forces to bring them back, well, Lincoln never even acknowledged their secession.

Regardless of the background or other issues of the time, every single Confederate State noted slavery as the chief reason for seceding from the Union. Read their Declarations of Secession. Revisionist historians wish to make our cause higher and mightier but, it really came down to slavery plain and simple. They even say so, why continue to argue it?

Last edited:
Regardless of the background or other issues of the time, every single Confederate State noted slavery as the chief reason for seceding from the Union. Read their Declarations of Secession. Revisionist history wishes to make our cause higher and mightier but, it really came down to slavery plain and simple. They even say so, why continue to argue it?

Why do you hate America?

jimmy-fallon-eating-popcorn-gif.jpg

How about a Spoiler Alert!! man ruin the whole thing for me why don't ya...

Sorry, same thing happened to me when I read the Bible. I was half way through when somebody asked me if I got to the part where Jesus dies. I just put it down and started reading Gone with the Wind instead.

Back
Top Bottom