• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "Deadly" 22lr

Why is the bullet still in there?! (serious question)

Because I was young with no insurance when it happened and the ER visit cost me a couple grand.

They scheduled surgery 6 months later to remove it and I asked them if I should worry about lead poisoning and they told me it could be in there the rest of my life and I would be fine.

Wrong thing to tell a 22 year old without insurance because I never went back.

Because I was young with no insurance when it happened and the ER visit cost me a couple grand.

They scheduled surgery 6 months later to remove it and I asked them if I should worry about lead poisoning and they told me it could be in there the rest of my life and I would be fine.

Wrong thing to tell a 22 year old without insurance because I never went back.
I have a reasonably sharp Exacto knife, a bottle of Isopropyl alcohol, and an only occasionally unsteady hand...I'll take care of that bullet at the next meet and greet.

I have a reasonably sharp Exacto knife, a bottle of Isopropyl alcohol, and an only occasionally unsteady hand...I'll take care of that bullet at the next meet and greet.

I can't tell you how many times my buddies and I got drunk with the intention of doing exactly that. Never had the balls for it though.

When I wrecked my bike they went in right next to it and I asked them if they would take it out and they told me no. I've had it almost 20 years now so I guess it is just part of me.

Nwsharpshooter, what did you shoot with yourself and how? What type of ammo?Glad you are here to comment and tell the story. I really don't care what people carry, I say carry all the time and stay aware of your surroundings. Train with your gun and never underestimate how dangerous the other person might be. Fights for your life are never scheduled. The other guy isn't going to tell you here is there to hurt you or your family.

Jennings 22 with a stuck firing pin or sharp extractor. Dropped the slide and it went off. 22LR straight into the left knee. I was sitting in the drivers seat of my truck at the time.

Direct shot or ricochet ?
It skimmed the bottom of my steering wheel before entering my leg. I don't know if the steering wheel turned it or if it just grazed the wheel.

There was a slight scrape on the edge of the wheel and a tiny hole in my pants. I felt the heat but no pain. I had to cut open my pants to confirm I had actually been shot because I felt no pain.

It's alost a 20 year old scar now but let's see if I can get a picture.

20160528_134413.jpg
20160528_134419.jpg

Back
Top Bottom