• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The "Deadly" 22lr

.22lr has low energy, rapid expansion that limits penetration and has a very small wound channel in comparison to common carry calibers. I'd carry it as a last result, but wouldn't rely on it if I had other choices. center fire cartridges have a higher likelihood of quick incapacitation in comparison. .22 might kill the BG, but isn't as likely to kill them in their tracks.

If it's all you can handle its better than nothing but it doesn't compare at all to other calibers in "stopping power". Sure it is known to kill a lot of people but usually not until hours later. Plus rimfire is not as reliable. That said, it may make sense for someone like an old lady.

Yep, first any rim fire, but more so the 22 LR is a lot less dependable cartridge than any center fire that I can thin of, secondly in order to kill a mammal you need to either stop the air being used (lungs) or remove the blood, of course a nervous system hit can instantly incapacitate.
the 22 cal from a handgun simply does not expand, so you have a 22 caliber projectile attempting to hit a blood vessel, unlike say even a 9 MM expanding point projectile that is say 45-75 caliber looking for a blood vessel to cut as it goes through the body.
I have seen dozens upon dozens of gun shot wounds, take my word for it the 22 and 25 was by far the least effective in random street /home shootings.
anyway that's my 2 cents from the shadows of the ghetto and the recent past.

Back
Top Bottom