• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The dirty secret left out by all the encouraging reloaders!!!

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
279   0
Reaction score
Good god reloading is addicting!!! I'm finally settling down after a couple months. Between research, gathering equipment/tools, load development, component hunting, brass prep and range time, I definitly have been MIA for a while. I'm just now slowly moving onto .308, 6.8 and 3006. After getting to the point of pumping out a bunch of .223, 9mm and .300 blackout, I feel a bit more relaxed and under control. It's been a heck of a ride!! I drop all my rounds in a gauge as a final step. Is this what everyone does? I just don't want to have to clear a sticky round while I'm shooting.

Good god reloading is addicting!!! I'm finally settling down after a couple months. Between research, gathering equipment/tools, load development, component hunting, brass prep and range time, I definitly have been MIA for a while. I'm just now slowly moving onto .308, 6.8 and 3006. After getting to the point of pumping out a bunch of .223, 9mm and .300 blackout, I feel a bit more relaxed and under control. It's been a heck of a ride!! I drop all my rounds in a gauge as a final step. Is this what everyone does? I just don't want to have to clear a sticky round while I'm shooting.

The gauge works, but be aware there's also a die made from Lee for every caliber that does the same thing. They guarantee that it's factory sized when it comes out of the die. I've never had that die do me wrong, not once in tens of thousands....

Yep. Lee factory sizing die. Run it as the last step.
Edit. It is especially helpful if you reload brass fired from not fully supported chambers in semi-auto pistols. Regular sizing die dies not take all of the bulge out. Lee factory sizing die does.

It can certainly be a rabbit hole, especially when chasing the most accurate load. case neck reamers, runout gauges, meplate trimmers, trickle charging, ladder tests, etc. You can end up shooting more rounds developing a load than you'll shoot for target practice, or critter getting, but it's part of the fun.

It can certainly be a rabbit hole, especially when chasing the most accurate load. case neck reamers, runout gauges, meplate trimmers, trickle charging, ladder tests, etc. You can end up shooting more rounds developing a load than you'll shoot for target practice, or critter getting, but it's part of the fun.

This bears repeating.

Back
Top Bottom