• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The FBI is going back to 9mm.

I don't know if anyone above has said this....long thread...but one reason is simply that more women are joining their ranks, and they need a pistol with a smaller grip that they can handle....
never had any complaints about the size of my grip

they can deal with it

girly man.jpg

In for Romulan Disruptors.

Its true, it's like a mathematical limit, you can only progress so far until you reach an infinitely smaller and smaller answer to the point of which you can progress no further until you adjust the equations perimeters. The handgun caliber debate is at the point at which we've taken it to the limit, and until a new technology comes out that replaces gunpowder, or makes a better projectile than lead and copper, we're stuck at comparing apples to oranges.

Its true, it's like a mathematical limit, you can only progress so far until you reach an infinitely smaller and smaller answer to the point of which you can progress no further until you adjust the equations perimeters. The handgun caliber debate is at the point at which we've taken it to the limit, and until a new technology comes out that replaces gunpowder, or makes a better projectile than lead and copper, we're stuck at comparing apples to oranges.

So it's kinda like this. Which is more effective, a motorcycle going 100 MPH directly hitting you or an 80,000 lb semi-truck hitting you at 50 MPH. They both will kill you, one just is a little easier to hit you with.

I'm not a physicists by far but a thing to consider is the size conversion. Most of the time when people talk about the energy of a projectile in the gun realm, they are using ft lb- foot pounds. The area of a 45cal bullet is .15904 square inches. The ft-lb energy is delivered over the .15904 not 144 area.
this is what I believe throws off the picture in most peoples mind.

Back
Top Bottom