• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The FBI is going back to 9mm.

This is actually pertinent to me right now. I'm looking at 2 police trade ins - both service size pistols 1 is 40sw and the other 9mm and I'm wavering because I like the feel of the 40sw better than the 9mm but am wondering if I should be more concerned with the caliber than the feel in the hand.

9mm simply because 40 is below 45 in my decision tree.

I have a good friend that I shoot with that is a thoracic surgeon that works ER at Grady from time to time. He carries a 45

He gets a lot of the gun shot patients. Most are 9mm. I ask him if that was because so many people carry nine over 45? he said no they don't let him operate on dead people.

so his opinion is different

The 40 is a SW99 and the 9 is a sw 5906. I'd be happy with either but like the sw99 a bit more for weight and feel. Reading through this thread has me wondering if just sheer ammo cost would push me to the 5906. Especially if I'm not giving up a huge difference in ammo effectiveness.

The 40 is a SW99 and the 9 is a sw 5906. I'd be happy with either but like the sw99 a bit more for weight and feel. Reading through this thread has me wondering if just sheer ammo cost would push me to the 5906. Especially if I'm not giving up a huge difference in ammo effectiveness.

Between those two I'd take the 5906..but get whichever feels best to you. Caliber is largely irrelevant ( barring it being below a .380).

I have a good friend that I shoot with that is a thoracic surgeon that works ER at Grady from time to time. He carries a 45

He gets a lot of the gun shot patients. Most are 9mm. I ask him if that was because so many people carry nine over 45? he said no they don't let him operate on dead people.

so his opinion is different

What you did there.....I see it

Can someone elaborate on what stopping power is? That's like, the physical energy of the bullet that throws bad guys into walls and **** right?........:rolleyes:

I watched a few minutes of the original Red Dawn last night and Patrick Swayze's Colt SAA blew some russian guy back 4 feet and instantly killed him. I'm heading out to get a 45 colt TODAY!

not unless it's .45.....everyone has to choot .45 just like me or they're are dumb.

SEROSULY just kidding. It is funny how some people get so wrapped up in that. I like .45. I can shoot it best. It's what I carry.

i tried .45

wasnt my style, went with the 9mm

its pretty easy to understand that it all has to do with preference :)

Back
Top Bottom